Lap Banders Unite

Options
2»

Replies

• Lcmora78
    Lcmora78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I was banded on February 4th , 2011 however January 2012 the fluid in my band had to be completely removed so I was back at 0.00 restriction, it was like starting over “so frustrating” I went back up to 190 Lbs after reaching 180. So went down to about 175 and I have stay there up going from 180-175.
    October I decided to change my life style and be accountable for my weight, I forget we have to work at this!!!!!! Lap band is not gastric bypass is a struggle. I started exercising almost every day and can happily report I’m 169lbs -In just 3 weeks I lost 9lbs. Looking forward to some encouragement from the group……….
    Glad to meet everyone ! leo :)

SW: 230
    CW :169
    GW: 130
  • nyreebnks4
    Options
    HeLLo bandsters... my surgery in in 9 days.. I am nervous.. excited .. and overwhelmed.. or maybe it this stupid liquid diet I am on. LOL. I am looking foward to the support I will be getting from you all, since I am unable or I just don't want to share this with anyone other then my husband. Congrats to everyone who is losing and hang on in there to those who are at a plateau.
  • prebypass
    Options
    prebypass....hello fellow lap banders. I had my lap band placed in December 2011, just a lttle over a year ago. I weighed 236 lbs at the time of my surgery, and at my lowest weighed 209. This was with watching what I was eating and walking 2.5-3 miles a day. I got discouraged and kind of gave up for awhile. Then I decided that I had gone through too much to give up. I went back to the doctors and they discussed my eating habits with me. Although I was eating healthy, whole foods, many were high in carbs_carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms etc.. On 1/16/2013 I started a 30g net carb diet and have lost 5 lbs so far (about 1 lb per day).. Any sugguestions to aid with my weight loss journey? Recipes? thanks