Does anyone use this anymore?

Options
I just joined this but haven't seen much action on here. Just curious, is anyone out there?

Replies

• 1234getgoing
    Options
    I check this site occasionally. I too am an ex smoker. Stopping this addiction can be done. I smoked for 40 years and have almost 4 smoke free years under my belt. I found in the beginning I was substituting eating for smoking and I did gain weight. That was the very reason I did not want to quit smoking. I had seen many people pack on the weight. I only gained 12 pounds but wished I would have started excersising and watching my weight in the very beginning. My doctor told me a 20 pound weight gain does not do the damage to your body that 1 cigarette does. I know I was vain, not wanting to gain the weight, but I have lost the 12 pounds and am now working on the weight that I had gained before I quit smoking. Am I glad I quit? Absolutely! I am much healthier. I now watch my weight, excersise daily and breath better...And that is a whole lot more than what I did when I smoked.
    Keep at it. Those cravings will eventually go away and you will begin to see the benifits of quitting. Good luck!
  • tompkgl78
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for your response!! I am on week 2 of not smoking! I feel good, a little edgy at time, but good overall. I find myself enjoying the little things more and more, and Im not near as stressed out as I was when I smoked. I have been trying to watch what I eat, I seem to do good until dinner, then it's all out "I'm starving to death!" My goal today is to stay within my calories and get another walk in after dinner!! I wish more people would use this! How can we attract more people to it??
  • 1234getgoing
    Options
    Congratulations ! Keep up the good work ! You will feel better and better. I remember how good it felt to take really deep breaths and not cough to death and how it felt to not get winded after walking for 5 minutes. Today I walk 30 minutes at a brisk pace AND do stationary biking for 40 minutes or so. So many benefits when you stop smoking. You are doing great !!
  • sawjaw23
    sawjaw23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I look at this occasionally. I'm struggling with a 15 pound weight gain over the past year and a half since I quit. I exercise regularly (burn 600 calories running and walking on 15% incline) and don't consider myself a slouch in any way in the exercise arena. I just picked up yoga again, trying to do something different. Nothing seems to be working, really, because if I lose focus for even two days in a row, I've lost any gains I made before that. But, I know that a chubby non-smoker is better than a skinny smoker. Plus, if I started smoking again, I'd just be a chubby smoker! This web site is definitely helping me, and I love tracking my calories. That was eye opening!
  • thunderguts123
    thunderguts123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes, hello.