Just ordered..Good results anyone?

Options
shocktastic
shocktastic Posts: 106 Member
Hi there I just ordered Chalean Extreme. Hoping to get back motivated in my workout routine. Just curious on how good the results are after finishing the 1st/2nd/3rd month?

I know personally I need to see results quickly to stay motivated and finish it out. I did do P90x and loved the results, but just don't have the umph to go another round with Tony he is a it annoying.

So hoping to get some feedback on how you liked the program and if you saw the amazing results Beachbody talks about..Thanks!!

Replies

• lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    Last winter I did just the weight lifting portion of ChaLEAN (did elliptical for cardio then) and lost over 9" (biggest losses in the right spots - waist, hips, and thighs) during the 90 day cycle (sorry don't remember the exact numbers for each month). I thought it was great results cuz during that time I didn't lose a pound (have been at goal since April 2011)...
  • mhenkel0506
    Options
    This summer I finished the first two months (then I hurt my foot and had to stop). I loved the program!!! But I didn't lost a pound... however, I did improve my strength a great deal, and it just made me feel stronger, healthier and more confident all the way around. Also, a BIG benefit was that with my increased strength, starting Insanity wasn't nearly as hard as if I hadn't done CLX beforehand.

In a nutshell, I do recommend the program, but you likely won't see results very quickly. Best advice, take before/during/after pics and measurements - don't focus on the scale. Good luck!!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I did it, but it was haphazardly. I didn't do the cardio and I only did the first two months of the strength. I didn't really watch my food very carefully either. I didn't lose weight, but I lost inches and I was getting compliments everywhere. I also feel like my metabolism was more stable after building some muscle. I plan on doing it again this winter.
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of the first Phase Burn... I'm also adding 30 day Shred for the extra cardio (but not everyday). I took measurements so hoping to see some changes at the first 30 days! Love the workouts!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    At the end of Burn phase I had lost several inches from different places and am finishing Push phase so I'll measure Friday. I didn't lose anything on the scale, but I didn't expect to since I was ttrying to build muscle, however I only gained about 2 lbs and then stayed there even with increasing my calories during this time to 2000 net.
    You have to decide if you want to build muscle or lose weight. You can't build muscle on a calorie deficit. But if you eat and build the muscle, then that muscle burns fat.
    I have had a lot of compliements and I love the strength I have now and I can do pushups! yeah!
    I love this and I'll continue to incorporate it in my mix of workouts and may even start it over again in a couple of months or so.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this program and plan on dong another round of it. She says you will see the biggest difference in the Lean phase which I am in right now and i believe it. I am on week three of lean and seeing a huge difference. not much change in the push but catching up on the Lean

Original Measurements:
    Waist: 28.5
    Hips: 39
    Abductors: 22.5
    chest: 34
    Right Arm: 10.25
    Left Arm: 10.25
    Right Thigh: 20.25
    Left Thigh: 20.25
    Weight: 139.8

End of Burn:
    Waist: 27.75
    Hips: 38
    Abductors: 21
    Chest: 34
    Right Arm: 9.50
    Left Arm: 9.50
    Right Thigh: 18.75
    Left Thigh: 18.75
    Weight: 136.2

End of Push:
    Waist: 27.5
    Hips: 37.5
    Abductors: 21
    Chest: 34
    Right Arm:9.75
    Left Arm: 9.75
    Right Thigh: 17
    Left Thigh: 17
    Weight: 135
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of the LEAN phase and I like some of the program. I don't do the cardio part of it, although I did during the first month, I got tired of the same old routines and started adding n other cardio stuff...

After month 1 I had lost about 5 inches and a couple of pounds, after month 2 I lost another few inches and another pound or so.....now on the lean phase and we'll see....

I loved Burn, tolerated PUSH and do not like LEAN but that's me....

I also think that the amount of inches you lose or weight you lose is the same as on any program...depends on where you are in your weight loss journey....

good luck. worth the investment.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I just finished Push. I love CLX and I feel I'm getting stronger but haven't seen much weight loss. I've been doing a hybrid of the CLX strength phases, and ab workouts, alternating days with Turbo Fire HITTs and steady-state cardio.

I figure when I complete the program, I'll take a short break and then start over again. I love Chalene and have yet to get tired of her. She still makes me laugh even when I've heard the joke for the hundredth time.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Finished my first round of CLX last March. It was the program that totally changed my body composition. I lost inches in ALL the right places, as well as 6lbs. It inspired me to complete the P90X programs last month. I took a month off, I did JM RI30 and am back for round 2!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I had fantastic results. Totally changed the way my body looked. I wish I had taken before and after photos.

Angie
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just finished CLX last week, after doing 2 rounds of P90x prior to that.

I was worried I was going to be "slacking" a bit with CLX, because the workouts looked shorter and less intense. But, honestly, I'm with you (well, I actually loved Tony Horton, and did not find him at all irritating....), but I had to stop spending so much time on workouts--P90x is just too much. I was ready for something else.

All in all, I loved CLX. Chalene's style is so much different, and it took me a few weeks to get used to her and her crew, but after a few weeks I found them all very motivating, and looked forward to the workouts. I have been maintaining for over 2 years, so did not need to lose weight. My results and goals are a little different than some in that respect--i'm just looking for changes and to get stronger, not scale change or major inches lost.

I would say after "burn" I felt some changes in my shoulders that I really, really liked--they are much broader. After Push, I felt that a little more--w/the shoulders. The downside is that after push I felt my legs bulked up a bit and I'm not sure if it's because for me at goal weight already, all those lunges and squats w/the heavy weights did this? Anyway, nobody else seems to have had this results...so maybe it's just me......After "lean" I definitely feel great--love my arms and shoulders....I have a confidence now that I just love--walking tall, feeling like I have more of that "V" from the shoulder to the waist. Feel some of the bulk after push went away, but am still looking to slim down my legs in the next workouts...thighs are still bigger than they were from when I finished my 2nd round of p90x.....

Just wanted to mention I did this program by the book, except on the rest days I usually did sometihng--on the first I would do a hike or one of the P90x cardio workouts. On Sundays I did P90x Yoga.

Anyway, love the program. Had been considering going back to P90x but honestly after some thought, I'm just loving the shorter workouts, and have concluded I really don't need to do pullups anymore...it was great to learn to do them, but I think Chalean works my shoulders and chest just fine w/out. So next week am going to continue w/Chalean Lean for Life, but use Insanity for cardio, and I still do P90x yoga every week, because it's so important.

Anway, hope this helps--let me know if you have any other questions :)