When did your clothes start to fit differently?

Options
westonhive
westonhive Posts: 56 Member
Hi ladies,

I am happy that I am finally losing weight.
How much weight did you lose before your clothes starting to fit differently?
Please share your stories with me, also your SW AND SIZE, CW AND SIZE AND GW AND SIZE.

Thanks!

Replies

• allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started seeing a change after 10 pounds. I've had to stop wearing my size 12 jeans because they would slide right off. :)

SW: 160
    SS: 12 US

CW: 143
    CS: 10 (very comfortably) & 8 (tad tight)

GW: 125-30
    GS: 6
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"

SW: 214.5lbs
    SS: 18 (Cdn.)

CW: 132
    CS: 4/6 (depending on the store)

GW: 124.5
    GS: 2/4

I'm trying to remember when I started noticing a change in my clothes. I think once I hit onederland, I had to buy new clothes so probably 15-20lbs. Now, I have to buy new clothes every 5-10 lbs.
  • Michelle_George80
    Options
    Height: 5'1"

SW: 189lbs
    SS: 15/16

CW: 139lbs
    CS: 11/12

GW: 130-120 (I'm extremely large chested, so it's hard to say.)
    GS: ?? (No clue. I've never fit into anything under a size 10 in my entire adult life. I'm just happy to be losing the fat.)

Everyone is built differently; I've lost 50lbs and only dropped 2 sizes. No biggie. I kind of skipped right over 13/14's and held off buying new pants for a while. 11's are a little snug on me, because most of my fat is in my mid-section (of course!). I've always been told I don't look like the size that I am at the time, they assume I'm much smaller.

I don't fret too much over the numbers, I'm still ecstatic to be losing any weight at all. LOL.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading this makes me realize how well I carry my weight. No one realizes just how heavy I am until I tell them.

After 13 pounds lost (technically almost 17 because I started dieting before joining MFP) I have not dropped a single pants size.:frown: I was a size 14 at 224lbs and I'm a size 14 at 207.5lbs.

Oh well, as long as I'm getting healthier.
  • MelissaSue810
    Options
    I wish I could say my clothes were fitting differenly, but I haven't seen any changes yet. 5'3" SW: 138, CW: 130, GW: 120
    Starting size and current size are both 4. I do think some things are fiting a bit looser, but they aren't falling off and I don't need new sizes. I do feel that I am more toned though after losing just the 8 pounds.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    at about ten pounds . . clothes are getting a bit looser . . i'm losing more at my hips so pants and jeans are sliding down :drinker:
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Height 5'3"

SW: 221
    SS: 16/18

CW: 195
    CS: um.... not sure. 12-14 depending.

GW: 150
    GS: no idea

I noticed a difference after the first 10 lbs-- my clothes just fit me better. After 20 lbs, my clothes were too big. Now at 25 lbs, I am searching my closet for things that fit right. I have a few things from the last time I was this weight, so I do have some options. I am also starting to think about what I want to take to the tailor. I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes when I don't plan on being this size for long.... but I also can't go to work looking sloppy.
    I don't know where I will be at my goal weight. I also don't know that my current goal weight is going to remain my goal weight.... my plan is to get down to 170, then start focusing on body fat percentage. I would ultimately like to wear an 8/10.
  • esutka
    esutka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some of my pants have become looser in the thigh and my arms aren't quite as sausagey but my waist hasn't changed a whole lot, and depending on the brand I can fit some 6's, but that is rare.

SW: 140
    SS: 10 US

CW: 135
    CS: 8

GW: 115
    GS: 2/4

I am 5'3" and small framed, so I get quite the fabulous muffin top if I wear something too tight :)

Erin
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    SW: 194
    SS: 16

CW: 144
    CS: 9/10

GW: 135
    GS: Would like to fit comfortable in a 6ish..lol

I am 5'4 and had a baby 7 weeks ago, so my weight is in my middle :(
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    after 10 pounds :) I read somewhere as well that people start noticing changes every 10 pounds. So I plan not to see anyone till next year hahahaha.

Oh you can read about my story and progress here --> www.mfpmiadhail.blogspot.ca
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I feel and look my best when i can wear sz 4 clothing, that happens when i weigh about 118 . It seems that any weight above that leads to a lot of leg and knee pain, so am really trying to lighten my load and give the arthritis some help.

For many years i weighed 110 lbs with little or no effort, well guess those days are over and to the gym i go at least 3x a week.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Well, for me it is normally just 10lbs. I was a size 16, the highest I have ever been unless pregnant. 185-191
    Now I am a 12, 165lbs. :] So I went down sizes 16, 14(170's lbs), 12 in the process xo
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    At 10lbs things got a lot loser, but then I noticed at 12lbs things were falling off and looking stupid (big, baggy, etc.).

It was a catch 22!
  • MyCornerOnline
    MyCornerOnline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish I was brave enough to post my sizes here. I always thought I held my weight well as people never think I weigh as much as I do (even when I was skinny) because I have a lot of natural muscle (genetic). However, I must say my clothing sizes are a lot larger than what has been posted, so that makes no sense.

Also, I have lost 22.2 pounds and I am still wearing same shirts, but I did go down a size in bottoms when I was closing in on 20 pounds (so somewhere between 15 and 20).

Why isn't anyone talking 1X, 2X, and 3X sizes?
    Why isn't anyone talking 18 vs. 18W, 16 vs. 16W, etc?