Vegan quick chocolate fix

Options
2»

Replies

• SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think the closest to a chocolate hazelnut spread like Nutella would be a vegan-friendly chocolate peanut butter which there are plenty of companies who make it (just do a Google search). Now if you're really specific and want the chocolate AND hazelnut, you can find your favorite peanut butter and mix in Ghiradelli's Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Cocoa mix.. mmmm...

Or if you want to be fancy, find a quality peanut butters, cocoa powders & hazelnut powders. Add sweetener as needed.
  • happyvegan410
    happyvegan410 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love soy or almond milk (.75 cup) with frozen banana (1 whole) and cocoa powder(2TBS). Blend until smooth. Mmmmmmmm!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Justin's has a vegan version of Nutella. I just tried it. I bought the single serving packet, and I'm glad I did. The jar is $10. I've never had Nutella, so I can't compare, but I just can't see spending $10 to get a jar of the Justin's stuff. It was fine, but it wasn't $10 a jar fine.
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    FYI - Justin's has had a major recall on a bunch of their nut butters (jars and packets). You can go online to look at the exp dates affected.
  • resormar
    resormar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well for me the best thing I have tried and its my go to is Almond Dream's Chocolate Bites. Oh man they seem so good if feels like I am cheating ha ha they are pricey but when I need a fix they do the job for me.
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Chocolove's chocolate bars! Cherry almond, cherry chili, and almonds and sea salt especially= they are delicious!
  • johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    a great blog called chocolatecoveredkatie - she has TONS of vegan desserts including a whole section on single-serving microwave desserts like BROWNIES, COOKIES, CAKES and more! all her desserts are low-cal, and can be made gluten-free AND low-fat.
  • MeanieD
    Options
    I keep a bag of vegan chocolate chips in the bottom fridge drawer. I will have 1 TBS for a chocolate snack....yummy, fast, and easy!!

I do this too! It's just enough to satisfy the craving.
  • MeanieD
    Options
    Well for me the best thing I have tried and its my go to is Almond Dream's Chocolate Bites. Oh man they seem so good if feels like I am cheating ha ha they are pricey but when I need a fix they do the job for me.

This too (for the summer).
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    one for the englsh

Moofree chocolate.. omnom! and its soooo good because its a bit dark and i can only eat about 4 squares in one go!