Ugly genes

Options
bruintamer
bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
Did you guys hear about this?

"A woman in China was sued by her husband after she gave birth to a baby the husband considered so ugly he insisted she must have had an affair. After all, his wife was gorgeous and he clearly believes he is a dreamboat, so how could they have an ugly baby? When it came to light the woman had had a lot of plastic surgery before they met and the new daughter merely inherited her old face, the man not only divorced his wife, but sued her for the equivalent of $120,000 -- and won. The presiding judge ruled the man had technically married the woman under false pretenses.”

I know we're all on MFP to improve our health and our bodies and most people can agree, the healthier/skinnier we are/look, the better chance we have of finding healthier and better looking partners....but plastic surgery and "ugly/fat genes" and potentially passing this on...hmmm...was the wife wrong for "deceiving" the husband or was he wrong for being so shallow?!

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    How could anyone think their own baby is ugly?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    How could anyone think their own baby is ugly?

All newborns look like little old angry bald (cute ) men....... How old was this kid before the was suit. Hmmm you dont think sometime during their marrige she would have mentioned getting plastic surgery or shown him a picture of her growing up
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Hmmm you dont think sometime during their marrige she would have mentioned getting plastic surgery or shown him a picture of her growing up

I was thinking the same thing... Damn, must have been a good surgeon though because most of the time plastic surgery looks obviously fake!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Hate me all you want but newborns are all a little ball of fluff... don't really want to say the ugly word but they aren't pretty sometimes.

Depends I see it as two issues:

Did he abandon his child altogether? If so - he needs shot so he doesn't breed again. No matter how deformed and ugly your child is for whatever reason, disability, genes etc.... You step up and be the parent. That is YOUR child.

If he did not do the above, eh.... it's mean, and could be called horrible but she deceived him....what else did she deceive him about? To not even see a picture of her before her surgery and question it, would partially be his fault.... if your gonna marry her you better damn well know her..... but I'd say she kind of deceived him.... so she deserves something but I couldnt really tell you what would be "deserving" of such a thing.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    That's not fair, all human infants are ugly and creepy looking. :ohwell:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I've always thought babies look like little fat aliens.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    China gonna China.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    China gonna China.

:laugh:
    Yeah.. I've always thought babies look like little fat aliens.

That actually sounds adorable! :love:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I just read this on Facebook and was disgusted to think how his daughter is going to grow up knowing (not thinking but KNOWING) that her father thought she was so ugly that he sued her mother. I'm DISGUSTED at what this will do to the child!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I thought about this topic before actually. Honestly it's a tough one.

Should we have a reasonable expectation that the baby will look like the mother? What is implied also is that the man is "beautiful" (the baby cannot be his). He was probably looking for a similarly beautiful wife, so I guess he can't help but feeling cheated.
    I rarely show pictures of the younger me to girlfriends... Because I didn't like my weight, etc. But don't we have a right to "forget the past" and focus on the present and future?

ugly_baby-300x220.jpg

Imagine in the future when we will be able to change eye colour, skin color and all sorts of things. When we will be able to engineer our children before they even leave the womb... All of this will be quite meaningless.

Ultimately, I think the women shouldn't have been charged more than the cost of the plastic surgery it would cost (in the future) to make the baby look "as good as her" (i.e. $10,000).

The woman should have been more careful in her choice of husband though.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Thats terrible for the father to do that, what a prick. But it's still kinda funny that he actually won the court case. He was deceived I guess but what an *kitten*.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What's funny is that beautiful parents do not always get a beautiful child. Sometimes putting all perfect features on one face just looks odd. And two homely people may make just the right mix and create a beautiful child. The eyes of one and the mouth of the other, etc. How many models were gangly with big eyes as children? Lol You can't really judge one's future beauty based on how they look as a baby or child. People grow into their features. So the woman had plastic surgery. She may have had an ugly baby even if she was born beautiful. Too funny and horrifying at the same time. Can't believe the guy won a suit. Make up and hair color are deceptions as well.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I thought about this topic before actually. Honestly it's a tough one.

Should we have a reasonable expectation that the baby will look like the mother? What is implied also is that the man is "beautiful" (the baby cannot be his). He was probably looking for a similarly beautiful wife, so I guess he can't help but feeling cheated.
    I rarely show pictures of the younger me to girlfriends... Because I didn't like my weight, etc. But don't we have a right to "forget the past" and focus on the present and future?

ugly_baby-300x220.jpg

Imagine in the future when we will be able to change eye colour, skin color and all sorts of things. When we will be able to engineer our children before they even leave the womb... All of this will be quite meaningless.

Ultimately, I think the women shouldn't have been charged more than the cost of the plastic surgery it would cost (in the future) to make the baby look "as good as her" (i.e. $10,000).

The woman should have been more careful in her choice of husband though.

Awesomeness. Genomics rules!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    What's funny is that beautiful parents do not always get a beautiful child. Sometimes putting all perfect features on one face just looks odd. And two homely people may make just the right mix and create a beautiful child.

Very true...look at Rumer Willis. Demi Moore is pretty darned attractive and Bruce Willis is hot. You think together they'd have made a superstar...but Rumer is pretty average looking. She got her mother's beautiful eyes and hair, but coupled with her father's chin, it just doesn't make for the most stunning girl ever (although you think it would).

i36sea.jpg2cerbzb.jpg

1179zbr.jpg
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    ^ That is funny, I was thinking about that same scenario reading this thread.

Great minds think alike :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    ^ That is funny, I was thinking about that same scenario reading this thread.

Great minds think alike :)

Haha yes!

It is just that Demi and Bruce alone are very attractive...no offense to Rumer, but she just got the short straw. I decided to look her siblings up.

Tallulah
    doan9j.jpg

Scout
    k03n7a.jpg
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    They look really well dressed drag queens.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    They look really well dressed drag queens.

That's MEAN!!!!

I agree though. >.>
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference tho between the before and after of that woman!

But dang .. that poor baby girl! What a douche.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

This is interesting. I'm not sure why he should feel cheated - he looked for a beautiful wife, and he got one. The fact that she wasn't born beautiful is sort of irrelevant, unless he specifically wanted a naturally-beautiful wife in order to have the highest possible chance of having beautiful children, and even then, given the genetic lottery that goes into making a baby, there's hardly a guarantee! Thinking a little further through this, should someone feel 'cheated' if their offspring manifest a genetically-transmitted disease, or 'say' a recessive gene such as red or blonde hair, or a predisposition to being overweight, despite their spouse being only a carrier, and not an example of that trait?