Ugh.... Really???

Options
Ok, so this morning I got a message from a guy on POF. He is 41, 6'5, disabled but going back to school to become a mechanic.
In a 45 minute ride to work - he messaged me 9 times to my 3. He was "here's my phone number so you can text me through the day, and on your breaks and lunch and such." Mind you everything he sent me to was a run on sentence, and really needy sounding to me.

I want to be chased, and wanted, but I am thinking this person is a stage 2 clinger.

PS He invited me to play bingo.... does this mean I can bring my 91 yo gma too?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I hate when people have grammar issues. It's a huge turnoff to me! Is it rude of me to ask disabled how though?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wow. sounds clingy. hopefully the bushes outside your home aren't big enough to hide a wheelchair or anything because dude sounds like he might be a bit of a control freak
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, I predict serious Stage 2 clinger. RUN!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Agreed, run! Not only for the potential clinginess, but because he asked you to play bingo.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Or... give him a chance? I kinda get where you are coming from, but he just sounds eager. If everything else is a fit why not give it a try?
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ha- I'm at lunch creating a bingo game right now.

You've sent him a total of three messages and he's expecting texts throughout the day?! Run.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this morning I got a message from a guy on POF. He is 41, 6'5, disabled but going back to school to become a mechanic.
    In a 45 minute ride to work - he messaged me 9 times to my 3. He was "here's my phone number so you can text me through the day, and on your breaks and lunch and such." Mind you everything he sent me to was a run on sentence, and really needy sounding to me.

I want to be chased, and wanted, but I am thinking this person is a stage 2 clinger.

PS He invited me to play bingo.... does this mean I can bring my 91 yo gma too?

I am kind of torn, to be honest.

I like giving people a fair chance, in reality you have made a huge assumption based on only a few messages.

I want to say just give it some time, maybe do one date just

to see FOR SURE that this guy is overly needy, slightly ridiculous.

I don't know though, he does kind of seem that way.

Tough call.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    His disability is that he has had 6 surgeries on his rotator cuff. This time it's supposed to be "fixed".
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Options
    Or... give him a chance? I kinda get where you are coming from, but he just sounds eager. If everything else is a fit why not give it a try?

there really isnt anything that is a "match" , but the whole clingy thing really is not attractive!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

there really isnt anything that is a "match" , but the whole clingy thing really is not attractive!

Then you probably just answered your own question. Although again, if it is based purely on a few messages, you really cannot know that.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If you're not into him, move on. This is where "clingy" depends if you like the person. I am talking to a fella whom one day we messaged each other nonstop for about 4 hrs. At times I sent more messages than him either because I thought of a question or I was answering him and forgot something.

Im into him though so I don't mind his texts or calls. And I can tell he likes mine.

And I love bingo!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    He was "here's my phone number so you can text me through the day, and on your breaks and lunch and such." Mind you everything he sent me to was a run on sentence, and really needy sounding to me.
    This would put me off! So you can message him on your breaks and lunch and such? It just sounds like a presumption that you will speak throughout the day and that he thinks he's so high priority in your life already that you will be spending your breaks and lunchtime texting him? This is all while you are at work! Jeez!!! Too demanding (or expecting?) way too soon for my liking! I should say that I'm not a texter though. If he sent his phone number, it would be to have a chat on the phone in the evening - not while I'm at work.

BTW - what is a stage 2 clinger? Is there a thread talking about different stages of clinginess? LOL!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just curious and for context but what was the initial interaction on POF like?
    How long and back and forth was it?
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Torn rotator cuff...painful but not as bad as what I was thinking.
    If you aren't comfortable with that level of communication, just let him go. For some reason, others DO communicate that much. I'm not really one of them, especially that early in a relationship.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'd make hay while the sun shines. Once you meet and he gets in your knickers, the texts will stop!!! :laugh:

:wink:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    His disability is that he has had 6 surgeries on his rotator cuff. This time it's supposed to be "fixed".
    well the good news then is that that his pimp slap wouldnt be THAT bad if he had to teach you to be available at all times when he need you.

my experience with guys who are overly eager this soon has never been good. it makes you wonder how someone can be that fixated on someone they've never met
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Oh I was thinking of something much worse/different.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! People are weird!

I am a nurse and as soon as some guys here that, I either get the "can you give me a sponge bath" line or if they have lots of medical issues they proceed to tell me all about it.

ugh!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    well the good news then is that that his pimp slap wouldnt be THAT bad if he had to teach you to be available at all times when he need you.

:laugh:

You should probably listen to your gut and bail out on this guy, he sounds like he gets on your nerves and you aren't even married yet!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Options
    Well, Friday after all this, I had climbed on my vanpool van, and checked my email , FB, and went on POF and BAM he was there waiting for me. As soon as I signed on I got a "well hello there...." My first instinct was to beat my forehead on the seat in front of me. Then I get more messages from him saying he's going to dinner with some friends, and should be home around 6p and would love to talk to me around6p and then who knows go to bingo at 8 the same night.

All communications were via POF, and only for a matter of not even 24 hours at this point in time.

So I politely just said, "I do not think we are a match, and I would like to thank you for your interest, but I do not see this going anywhere. Good luck on your search."