Challenge: Trying New Foods!

Options
mz_asher
mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
Hello Ladies. Are any of you picky eaters?! I am and a bad one at that! I would pick food out of my plate even if I was over at someone's house for dinner! I know it is rude but I just could not tolerate it! I use to HATE onions and still do in certain foods. I am learning now that it actually taste good in certain foods :) I went shopping this evening and got an varies new foods to try. Expanding my options I have found to be key to helping me stay on track. I use to eat the same foods over and over again. To be honest I got sick of it and went back to my junk food ways!

Lets challenge ourselves! Try a new food a week. Or it doesn't have to be food it could be using olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Try cooking it in different ways to see which one you prefer best :) The possibilities are endless!

Replies

• missmahe
    missmahe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My new food this week... Garden burgers... Trying new proteins so I'm not just eating chicken breasts and ground turkey every other day :)))
  • mz_asher
    Options
    My new food this week... Garden burgers... Trying new proteins so I'm not just eating chicken breasts and ground turkey every other day :)))

I love garden burgers! :) I'm going to try baison as soon as I find it for a decent price! 8.99/lb
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this. Yesterday I decided to try and eat some berries this week. I wanted to include more fruit in my diet - I buy plenty, but my daughter is mad for it and I only usually end up with one or two bananas or apples. I read that red berries are really good for you and low sugar fruits so I decided to buy some raspberries, blackberries and blueberries to have as my dessert this week.

Well, that was yesterday and the blackberries are already gone! I couldn't resist letting my little girl have some and she loves them! I wish fruit wasn't so expensive so we could eat more of it!
  • ZFAMommy
    Options
    I am the same way, very picky. Meat is my problem. I love chicken breasts, won't eat dark meat. Not a big red meat fan but will eat steak and hamburger when I have to. I will only eat albacore tuna in a can not that nasty mixed stuff even though it is cheaper, and I find myself eating the same things every day. I have been putting more variety in by changing it up with my lunches and trying harder for dinners. Tonight I am going to try and make pork chops. Hate pork. But I will try because my family loves it. Thanks for the challenge!
  • mz_asher
    Options
    Great job ladies for trying new things! as for me I tried a new greek yogurt today and it was amazing! yoplait greek coconut! i love coconut so it was a perfect combo.

Kiekie i love raspberries and blueberries but sometimes I have a hard time eating them fresh. Go figure!

ZFAMommy how did you like your pork? try making it different ways. I love all types of meat. Its the fish that i have a hard time with. I bought some frozen talapia to try. I will also try baison :/ Let you know how that goes.