November 2nd- 100 mile challenge

Options
Well how was the first day? With today being Friday and a start to the weekend, lets do this right.

I have family in town and worked late last night so I didnt have the time to walk. Today, however, I will be taking the little ones on a walk with the family to help get some miles under my belt for the first of the month. Very excited about the weekend and what it brings. WE CAN DO THIS.

Replies

• norzip
    norzip Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My power is still out so my treadmill is down.. Trying to go walking on my lunch break to get some miles in... Let's get it done!
  • ferb03
    ferb03 Posts: 82
    Options
    Yes we CAN do this! I was lucky enough to get a four-day weekend so I have already gotten a few miles on the "dreadmill" and I know I will be getting more when I hit the mall:)
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in. Didn't get much extra walking in yesterday because of alllllllll that was going on, but I'm back on the wagon and need a serious booty kick.
  • campfirekitten14
    Options
    Got in 5 miles yesterday...going for the same today!! Woo hoo!!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I got 4 miles in yesterday! I was pretty proud of myself. I wanted to die, but I just kept pushing. Today I've got lifting and then I'll hop on the treadmill, not sure if I'll be able to tough out the 4 miles like I did yesterday, but I'm going to try. I am home early from work, but I have errands I need to run (bank, pay the rent, and groceries), so I still need to figure out what time I'm going to get to the gym tonight so I can get my workout in.
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have been suffering from bursitis of the knee which has meant that I have not been able to put in the miles that I want, but got out for a decent 2.88 kilometres today.

It's a start...

Cheers,
    Alsison
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    BTW... Being Canadian, I hope no one minds that I post my walks in kilometres...

Cheers,
    Alsison
  • campfirekitten14
    Options
    Ali- not at all! Post away, as far as I'm concerned!

I got in a total of 9 miles in the first 3 days....now let's see what damage we can do today folks!!
  • knelson79
    Options
    Its the 4th and I just did my first 3 miles starting off to a slow start but I still believe I can do the 100 miles this month. I also wanted to tell everyone about an app you can get for your phone its called charity miles. What it does is you pick a charity you want to give to and by either walk/run/bike it will donate money on your behalf. Since we are doing the miles we can help out a charity too. Only downfall is it goes off GPS so if you are walking on a treadmill you can't add miles to it.
  • ferb03
    ferb03 Posts: 82
    Options
    No miles from walking today but I did get 33 from cycling. It was torture!