IP Recipes Exchange

Options
While most of us have found our way around the IP products and have learned what we do and don't like, the diet is somewhat restrictive and can become a bit boring. In the hope of finding tips and recipes to share, not only for the IP products but recipes that follow and adhere to IP protocol, I'm sharing a few of my fave IP Phase I (friendly) recipes and hoping that others do the same and post some of their faves. The point being, IF you like it, maybe someone else will like it!!

I'm including recipes for two of my faves: Turnip Fries (which does help with my craving for FF) and yummy stuffed peppers!!

TURNIP FRIES/CHIPS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Peel the turnip and slice thinly preferably with a mandolin or cut into strips.
Lightly toss or spray with olive oil & season with sea salt & your choice of spices.
Spray a cookie sheet covered with foil. Lay out in single layer on baking pan lined with foil.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400, turn & continue to bake for another 10 or until crisp.
Get creative with your spices! Turnips are an IP “select vegetable.”

IF you like, prepare your IP chili and pour on top, but rem Chili is a restricted IP product & counts as your protein.

And my personal FAVE...

STUFFED PEPPERS
1 lb ground chicken breast (much better than ground turkey)
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped red peppers (save toppers from peppers to be stuffed)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 16 oz can petite diced tomatoes (seasoned if prefer)
2 T Sofrito (a concentrated tomato base found in a jar (on a shelf) in the Spanish grocery aisle)
1 cup fresh (produce section) salsa
1/4 water (adjust as need be to ensure mixture is not too dry or too liquidy)
Seasoning to taste: Mrs. Dash Spicy Pepper or Fiesta Blend, Garlic Powder, Season All (lightly cuz of salt)
Sea Salt / Pepper & (1) Splenda packet
4 large fresh peppers of choice: Red are tastiest, but yellow, orange, and green work equally well.
Cut the tops off of the peppers (saving to chop up for the filling) and clean out the inside of the pepper.
Carefully, slice a straight cut off the bottom of the pepper to help level it to allow it to stand on end.

IF using LF ground chix, drizzle a lil' olive oil in the pan to help with the chicken browing process.
Add onions, garlic, chopped peppers & mushrooms to the browned chicken.
Add canned tomatoes, Sofrito, and water, along with seasonings of choice to the mixture.
Spray a baking pan lightly with Pam w/Olive Oil & set aside.
Cook over very low heat, while boiling large pan of water to parboil peppers.
Immerse peppers in boiling water for 2-3 mins to parboil. Remove & rinse w/COLD WATER to stop the cooking process.
When cool enough to handle, fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Don't be afraid of overfilling.
IF you have more filling than peppers to fill, layer filling around pepper or place in another smaller baking cup.
(IF this occurs (and it shouldn't... but if so) use another pepper next time, and yes, there will be a next time!)

Bake @ 350 degrees for approx 25-30 mins, depending on your personal crispness/tenderness desired & serve w/salad.

Rem, tomatoes are restricted to twice weekly. I've made this recipe many times with no weight loss interference.

Stage IV - Add red beans to the mixture and top with cheese the last few mins of baking. .

ENJOY and pls rem to share a fave recipe!!

~Kelly

Replies

• Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was thinking today...what about a recipe that would entail shrimp, fish, or chicken and make lettuce wraps?
  • KountryGirl4ever
    KountryGirl4ever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps sound interesting, especially with seafood!!

I made a shrimp stir-fry tonight with broccoli, green onions, red onions, mushrooms, red & green peppers & spcies... yummy!
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am on a shrimp kick...I cooked up some shrimp and then roasted some portobello mushrooms and asparagus....I think this weekend I am going to cook up some turkey breast or chicken breast...and make some lettuce wraps...
  • KountryGirl4ever
    KountryGirl4ever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Shrimp works!! It's not quite 9 a.m. and while I'm not truly hungry, I could eat... but not wanting IP :(

Wish we'd gotten more of interest with others sharing recipes. Would love to know what's working for others, if for no other reason to add variety to my own menu. OH well, guess I'll grab a shake and get back to work :)
  • tmnelson11
    tmnelson11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started IP on April 17 and have also been looking for recipes. I found some at various IP webistes (that are set up for their local 'customers', i.e. at hchc.org). Here are a couple of recipes that I really liked and helped me to eat more fish.

The dressing for the tuna salad is so good I have used it with other meals too! I also confirmed with my Doctor the recipes were IP friendly. Hope you like them!

Tuna Salad
    Mix Together -
    1/3 c red or green onion diced
    1/2 c celery diced
    1 1/2 cups gr peppers
    5 cherry tomatoes
    1 can flaked tuna

Dressing
    1-2 tsp olive oil
    2T. Walden Farms Honey Dijoin Dressing
    1 clove garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp mustard
    lemon juice - generous squirt
    white vinegar - squirt
    pepper
    artificial sweetener

Mix and all together and enjoy! I have eaten it on a big bed of mixed salad greens and also wrapped in lettuce leaf. Since other family members are not on the IP diet I make a smaller portion.

Fish & Chips
    2 - 6 oz. cod fillets
    1.4 tsp sea salt
    2 tsp. Walden Farms mayo
    1 pkg crushed ideal protein salt & vinegar ridges

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle fish with sea salt, spread mayo over fillets, cover with crushed salt & vinegar ridges - bake 12 to 15 minutes until fish is flaky.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes, Kelly. I imagine 2 stuffed peppers would be considered one dinner, considering we need 6-8 oz protein at dinner, or do you have one plus something else?
  • jenbash1972
    Options
    Thanks!!! This sounds yummy.
  • linda_p
    linda_p Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Crispy Cereal Pancakes

1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
    2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Mix together in small bowl the following; egg whites, 1/4 tsp vanilla
    Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg
    Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine. Add enough water to desired consistency.
    Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Serve with Walden Farms Syrup
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Thanks, Linda! This recipe sounds great!
  • JTBR02
    JTBR02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife recently found a recipe for roasted cabbage that we have fallen in love with both for its tastiness and its ease of preparation. Simply take a head of cabbage and cut it into quarters. Wrap each quarter with one slice of bacon, and then wrap it in aluminum foil. Roast in the oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.

It is both simple and delicious, though she is more religious than I am about removing the bacon before eating to stick to the protocol more closely. We have also found that spicing lightly with garlic salt and pepper makes it absolutely perfect.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My wife recently found a recipe for roasted cabbage that we have fallen in love with both for its tastiness and its ease of preparation. Simply take a head of cabbage and cut it into quarters. Wrap each quarter with one slice of bacon, and then wrap it in aluminum foil. Roast in the oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.

It is both simple and delicious, though she is more religious than I am about removing the bacon before eating to stick to the protocol more closely. We have also found that spicing lightly with garlic salt and pepper makes it absolutely perfect.

I love cabbage & I am making this tonight as I type this! Can't wait to try it!!