NEW TO THE GROUP? Please check in here!

Options

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Joy and new to this group. I am 41 married with 3 children Marcus is 16 and the twins piers and Lydia are 8. Marcus and piers both have autism and piers also has ADHD I am extremely proud of both of them Marcus did well in his GCSEs and is currently studying A level ICT and interactive media. Piers is learning to play guitar and Lydia is the dancer in the family. I am a keen runner who has recently got into lifting weights. I tend to be obsessive in my interests learning everything I can about them. I love to cook and work as a midwife currently working on delivery suite. My husband also lifts weights. We have very busy lives but I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world. I live in Doncaster south Yorkshire in the UK.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for inviting me. My name is Carolyn. I'm 46 and the mom of 4, grandmother of one.

I'm a published author and run a home based business.

I'm a newly wed, married in March at a NHL hockey game in NY(Islanders) which probably gives away the fact that I'm Canadian.

I'm trying to maintain my weight at the current time as I'm moving across the country in a few weeks but once there I"ll be joining the gym and trying to reach my ultimate goal, a very fit, bikini body just to prove it can be done!

Looking forward to getting to know everybody.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Melissa. I live in Connecticut, 49 years old and going thru perimenopause. I am a lifetime WW member for the past 3.5 yrs and have lost over 80 lbs thru the years with them. Having issues with my weight going up and not sure if it is due to the newest program (dont count fruit or winter squash) or the perimenopAuse or both so my doctor suggested I start using MFP to see if we can find out where the issue is. This past week we had a hurricane and were without power. I continued with my workouts but ate less and sleep more b/c what else is there to do when u go 6 days without electricity? So my weight went down 3,8 lbs. i think WW pts are too much for me so we are going to monitor.
    Look forward to chatting.
  • rayjess
    rayjess Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Alice, Thank You for the invitation!!!!!!

My name is Denise. I am 44 and will be turning 45 at the end of this month. I am the mom of 2 children, 19 and 11 and recently got married in May 2012.

In March 2012 I was weighing 185 and now weigh 145! My goal weight is about 138ish and to be toned,healthy and fit. I am so glad I joined MFP as it has helped me in so many ways! I have met wonderful people who motivate and support me during this journey and life style change.

I have lost weight by doing videos by: Leslie Sansone, Jackie Warner and Jillian Michaels and recently started jogging. I try and eat everything in moderation but don't over ever eat like I use to. I love the way I look and feel now and do not want to go back and have to start over.

Looking forward to getting to know you all for support and motivation. Would love to exchange food recipes.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Just want to stop by and say Hello, today has been a really full day as was this weekend. I went on Friday to a workshop and just got home a little while ago. So totally exhuasted and bit shut down for the workshop was good but also a bit emotional so I am what I am at this moment. I will later in the week go over my notes reflect on what I learn and what will be the next steps.

So looking forward to see what the next part of this group will be. At this moment I will be on my way to bed. Wishing everyone a good night!

Liz
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm from Brisbane Australia and it's such a lovely day here today. I will be 50 in 7 months and I started my journey to health and fitness in November 2011. I've lost nearly 62 pounds since I started but I've plateaued for a couple of months now weight wise, ever since I started to lift weights and allow myself a red wine or two :drinker:
    I'd really like to lose another 10 - 15 pounds to try and get rid of some of the wobbly bits that insist on sticking around :noway: :frown:

My S W 231.5 pounds
    C W 170 pounds
    Gw 160 pounds

I'll re-evaluate then as I've been building a heap of muscle even though I'm 5'4 I think that weight will suit me :smile: Anway nice to meet you all. :flowerforyou:

Julie
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Gail, 52 from near Coventry in the UK.

I have been using MFP since August 2011 and have lost 39.5lbs......OK so it's a couple less than that as I was away last week and put two back on.....I never log the gains!

Ideally I would like to get to my goal of 10st 7 (147lbs for those across the pond!) by the end of the year but it won't bother me if I don't as I feel good and can fit into almost all of my UK size 12 clothes.
  • crownedangel
    crownedangel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Angelica and I live in Lawrenceville, GA.....
  • IslandRider
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sheila. I'm 51 and working to get back down to a healthy weight. I work full-time, and in my off time enjoy my time with my husband, my dog and playing around in my veggie garden. I've recently learned how to can foods and love the idea of being able to have home grown veggies year round.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Texas y'all!

I'm actually a transplant from Iowa but been here 24 years now so I consider myself a Texan! My name is Laurie, I will be 45 next month, I have 2 amazing kids and an awesome boyfriend (who will soon be my fiance; just waitin on that ring! :wink: ). My daughter (18) graduated HS last year (2012) and is about to move into her own place the end of this month. She landed a great job and will be doing online college classes while she works. My son is 17 and a junior. He is a 2nd degree blackbelt in TaeKwonDo & plans to work on the DPS SWAT team one day. I couldn't be more proud of them both! Up to the point I met my boyfriend, they were the whole reason I got up every day & the reason I decided to become more healthy. Now I have the added bonus of having someone to share my life with so I definately want to be as healthy as possible!

I started my journey in 2010 and over the course of several months lost 25 lbs & trimmed off 5 inches. Last December I gained a bit of that back (couldn't stay outta the fudge & Christmas cookies! :blushing: ). Since then I joined MFP & have been working like a dog to get back where I was. For some reason, it isn't as easy this time around. Hmmm...couldn't be that age thing, you think??

Anywho...glad to meet y'all and hope to be of good support to those who need it. Let's do this ladies!! :drinker:
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    Hi , My name is Dianne. I am 70 years young and i live in Australia. I have 4 children, 14 grandchildren and 6 great grand children.
    I am an Elder in our church. I sing, played guitar until I sold it and tinker with the keyboard. I have also written gospel songs, made 2 c.ds. which I did mainly for my kids but surprise, surprise i actually sold some, which was a bonus.
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :flowerforyou: I am Sandra 64 years old living the retired life in a little village by the beach Kapiti Coast NZ. I have a pretty idyllic life. I have 1 husband - 3 grown adult children - 4 gorgeous grandchildren. Teenage years I was a bean pole, but something happened a long the way and I am now very much overweight, and been a Yo Yo dieter for many years. I was diagnosed with Diabetes over 3 years ago (Type 2) and vowed to loose weight to combat it, but why is it so damned hard to do that.

I have younger friends here on MFP and they seem to romp away with their weight loss while I groan away.. Awesome site though and I am hoping for some good results for myself, with a bit of encouragement from my new friends on here I can do it, we all can do it.:love:
  • Jeanet69
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Alice, Thanks for inviting me to the group. I'm looking forward to being apart of the "sisterhood.:smile: "
  • Rosezilla
    Options
    "I'm an RN and I'm so impressed with your A1c!!! I see the effects of obesity in my work every day. I'm so proud when someone takes responsibility for their health! It certainly is my personal motivation. Good luck to you."

Thank you, Tanimom, I appreciate the support!
  • janicemitchellcross
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Looking forward to being in this group. I am 57 and live in Scotland I am a retired nurse and mum of 1 grandmother of 2 lovely boys with another grandchild on the way. I have lost 18 lbs since joining and am now using weights to tone up. Have been really encouraged by my wonderful supportive friends on here and looking forward to making new friends. I enjoy long walks with my border collie who never refuses to go out! I also enjoy using weights ( makes me laugh seeing that in print ) as they are strengthening my body and creating muscles I never knew I would get at my age. Looking forward to getting new recipes and tips from you all.

Take care and good luck
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Donna. I am 51, am married to my best friend,Rob and am the mom of 3 wonderful kids and nana to 7 fantastic grandkids. I live just outside of Asheville NC (yes we got snow on Halloween-15 inches)!! I joined MFP in August at 225 lbs and 95 to 100 pounds to lose to get to my goal of 125-130. I have already lost 20 pounds and am now 205 and about 14 inches lost overall. I have some health issues ( don't we all) including osteoarthritis in my hip (needs replacing) and my knees, among other things. I also found out in April that hubby and I are both diabetics, so we are facing additional challenges with the weight loss. I started doing Zumba for my exercise and do the toning as well as the cardio, about 45-60 mins 4-5 days a week most weeks. Looking forward to sharing recipes, trials and challenges with you lovely ladies!!
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Debra Message me if you like as far as the exercise. I also have never been one to exercise, but since August I have been doing Zumba and am absolutely hooked, doing 45-60 mins 4-5 times a week, at home!!! So come on and join the Zumba party!!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Hello Alice, My name is Ermine I and I live in Queens New York. I an retired RN and I am really my retirement. I joined MFP on

August 2nd and I have lost 20lbs so far. I am very commited and motivated and I would like to lose another 20 lbs by the end of the

year . I must thank you very much for accepting my invitation to join your group .

Sincerely,
    Ermine
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm new here (at least this group) and have been on MFP for a few months now. I left WW since it was getting rather spendy and much prefer this free site...besides the people are pretty friendly in the groups! I lost about 20 lbs on WW and have about 7 more. Since I'm 47 I do have some dreaded tummy fat that I'm trying to get rid of! I want to hit my middle ages (50+) as a very healthy person and avoid health care issues as I age. Both my parents did not look after themselves well (1970's was when our food started becoming artificial) and both died far too young. Although I miss them tremendously I'm not in a hurry to be reunited :happy:

I do have a few goals I want to achieve...lose those last 7 - 10 lbs and run a 10K. Not much and I think achievable I do believe!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Thanks for the invitation. I'm Cheryl from Maryland. I'm 55, I'm a school nurse. I'm married with four (mostly) grown children. One still lives home. I started my weight loss journey in June 2010 and lost 30 lbs. on Weight Watchers. They changed their program and it didn't work anymore for me. I lost another ten pounds on my own then joined MFP for some structure. In the last four months, we've had two tornadoes (lost the roof twice in one month!), a hurricane and major surgery. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any, either. I was cleared from surgery this week. Hopefully, we're disaster-proof for a while. I started tracking intake and walking daily this week.

Looking forward to hearing all about you!