"8-Week Challenge" starts November 12th!!!

Options
:laugh: :laugh: Ok, Fit-N-Fabs!

Who's ready to start this journey? Like the GROUP description states, we are unable to meet "face-to-face" with people so this GROUP was started as a way to motivate/train you guys via the internet. By November 8th, I need your measurements, BEFORE pics, and starting weight sent to fitsisters7983@gmail.com. In the SUBJECT put "8-Week Challenge".

Now, I will be emailing you-all an "Eat-Clean" dinner plan to follow. This is not mandatory.. of course... but it will help you along the way because you ARE what you EAT! As far as workouts, you're going to have to do a little bit of research on your own. As in, what is available in your city, what can you fit into your daily schedule, etc. If you work full-time and have kids, then working-out at home may be your only option. In that case, I suggest INSANITY dvds. Here's a link to purchase them for cheap http://www.ioffer.com/si/Insanity+Workout. If you have time to hit the gym, that's awesome! I'll be posting some things that you can do at the gym as well.

Below is some information about taking measurements, etc.... so please review below, and send me your information by November 8th!

Thanks,
~Kris

How to Weigh and Measure Your Body

To manage your weight efficiently, you need to keep track of everything relevant to your energy intake/expenditure balance. This includes what, when and how much you eat and how much you exercise. You also need to track the results by weighing yourself and taking certain measurements.

Measuring Your Weight

When?
Ideally in the morning, before you eat. If you cannot manage that then try to weigh yourself at the same time each day.
It is normal for most women to slightly gain weight before their period. Delay weighing yourself until after the period.
Weighing yourself right after exercise is useless because your weight can fluctuate wildly due to changes in water content. You may weigh heavier or lighter than normal.
If you weigh yourself at night you are also weighing any food you have eaten and any liquids you have drunk during the day.
How often?
Ideally once a week, at the same time of the day. However, if you are tracking your weight loss using a software tool, you should weigh yourself as often as the software requires because the software needs this information to generate recommendations.
Weight fluctuates during the month; this is particularly true for women. Be patient. Remember that real weight loss – that is, loss of fat rather than water – occurs slowly, if you follow our recommendations for healthy weight loss. Your average weekly loss rate (1.0-1.5 lb/0.5-0.75 kg) will be detectable only if you weigh every two weeks. Don't get discouraged by short-term fluctuations.
How?
Use the same scales each time you weigh yourself.
Make sure you are wearing the same clothes each time you weigh yourself. The clothing must be as light as possible or, better still, wear no clothes at all.
Choose accurate and reliable scales. Make sure that they measure half units (½ kg or ½ lb) accurately.
Do not put the scales on an uneven or soft surface such as a carpet.
What If the Scale Indicates a Weight Gain?

You may be weighing extra water. You could have consumed more salt than usual. Your body will naturally retain some water due to the extra sodium intake.
If you have been working out, you may have gained muscle. Bear in mind that muscle is more dense than fat. Extra muscle is a good thing because it will help burn off the fat in the longer term. If you have been working out then proceed to taking your measurements.
Constipation can cause weight gain. Add fiber to your diet and re-weigh yourself in a few days.
Make sure that the scales are working properly. Perhaps you need to replace the batteries.
If you have been too enthusiastic about pastry and soda, then perhaps the weight gain is real. Keep to your diet and be patient.
Taking Measurements

Taking your body measurements is an excellent way to keep track of your changing shape as you get fitter. Body weight by itself is not a good indicator of improved fitness. This is because when you burn fat and increase your muscle mass, you may weigh a bit more even though your body is getting tighter and smaller. This is due to the high density of muscle tissue compared to fat.

What Exactly Should You Measure?

The most common measurements include the circumference of your chest, biceps, waist, hips and thighs. Sometimes the neck, forearm and calf are also measured.

Chest: Measure around the largest part of your chest.

Biceps: Measure midway between the top of your shoulder and elbow.

Waist: Measure at the narrowest point, approximately one inch above your belly button. No cheating! Don't pull in your belly or stick it out.

Hips: Measure your hips around the largest part of your buttocks with your heels together.

Thigh: Thighs are measured separately. Stand with your legs slightly apart. Measure your upper leg where the circumference is largest.

How?
Use a flexible measuring tape as used by dressmakers. It can be as long as you need. If you use a plastic or cloth tape, bear in mind that these materials may stretch over time.
Wear the thinnest clothes possible, or none at all, so as not to add to the measurements you take.
Try to measure yourself in front of a full-length mirror so that you can see if the tape is positioned correctly.
Perhaps you could find another person to help with the measuring. They would be able to read the results more easily.
Keep your muscles relaxed while measuring.
When measuring, pull the tape just tight enough to keep it from sagging.
How often?
Measure yourself about every eight weeks.
Do not take measurements more often than monthly as it may take six to eight weeks to notice any change. You shouldn't expect to see progress more quickly than this and taking your measurements more often can be discouraging.
If you are tracking your weight loss using a software tool, you should measure yourself as often as the software requests it.

Replies

• Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    sounds fab!!!
    when do you want the info posted?
    I dont know all my info but I have it logged as of measurments today and weight on nov 1st.
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This sounds awesome!
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • pachese007
    Options
    I'm in. I'm so excited! :happy: :tongue:
  • Jump4Fitness
    Jump4Fitness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is just what I need to get motivated and back on track.
  • tesajene
    tesajene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ready, Ladies!
  • maryl02
    Options
    I'll be getting measurements and before pic into you girls! THANKS!! yay I'm ready to take on this challenge FULL FORCE! :smile:
  • SGreen0042
    SGreen0042 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in I so excited to have some more support:happy: I will be emailing before pictures
  • sweet_teemarie
    Options
    OMGoodness! This is exactly what I have been searching for to keep me motivated and from self-sabotaging. I am going to Vegas for the first tiime in my life and its for my 24th birthday. Obviously this means it is essential that I am Fit and Fabulous by February. I am so ready for the challange. thank you so much girls.
  • kchrizzy
    kchrizzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm signing up for this challenge. II began using this site last week. I love it so far. Add me as a friend if you would like a support buddy.
  • MandersPanda
    Options
    I'm in i'll love to do this challenge
  • prettyvirgo20
    Options
    I'm in, this will be the perfect way to jump start my journey.
  • hourglassframe
    hourglassframe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!! This seems like it will be fun. It's my first time being part of a cyber group so maybe this will encourage me to keep going...
  • Sunflowrrz
    Options
    Count me in!
  • edurossette
    Options
    I'm ready!:bigsmile:
  • kchrizzy
    Options
    I'm going to buy measuring tape today.....
  • ashleydgc
    ashleydgc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start this!! I need this-all of it- I need the motivation and I need to lose this extra weight. This is gonna be great!:heart:
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kris for starting this 8 week challenge! I look forward to your daily words of inspiration, encouragement and wealth of wisdom & knowledge! I am really excited about this upcoming challenge beginning NEXT week!
    This is what I really need at this point in my jouney! It is very motivating and inspiring for me since the scale has not moved down at all since mid Sept!

Kris, I have my measurements from my own personal last weigh-in! I am going to measure & confirm them tomorrow! Then get my daughter to help me with taking my before pictures! Then prepare the email that you requested, I'll get it to you befor the 8th.

I believe that we can make everyday of this challenge COUNT!... It's not going to be easy and we are going to have to find the energy and Self-Will to PUSH ourselves to do this and to be consistent! We will ALL be successful and we will see results, goals achieved & victories! All of You’re decisions' to make Healthy & Mindful Food choices and your "EXTRAORDINARY" strength & determination to burn those calories will result in your successes! Remember that the Greatness is in the inside of you!

I devote a lot of my time every day into each and everyone of my MFP Friends; Brothers & Sisters in Christ here on MFP!

So if anyone is in need of another friend to be added to your MFP Family! Send me a Friend request, with a little note attached that your are apart of the group challenge. I would be glad to add you to mine!

I have been "Blessed to BE a BLESSING"! I have a higher calling in my life after being healed by God & overcoming my paralysis after recovering from 2 Brain Aneursyms' & 2 Brain surgeries, in 2006 and a stroke in 2008.

I not only use MFP as a Weight Loss Tool for myself .... It is also a fulltime "Ministry" for me to carry out the "LORD's" work in whomever I come in contact with and in the lives of my MFP Friends. As well as being a vessel for God to inspire others to help them on they're journeys' into becoming "Whole"... in "Mind, Body and Soul"

I do have a MFP friendship "philosophy" that is it common sense to most MATURE adults to comprehend, simply put to "Reciprocate" the basics of respect, motivation, inspiration, encouragement and the purpose of a MFP friendship is to help educate others who are unaware of a healthier lifestyle. Most of all, "CELEBRATE" one another’s goals achieved & successes!!

I look forward to supporting you all on this 8 week challenge & our journeys' to a "Healthier Lifestyle"!
    Stay encouraged and blessed.

Be Blessed in health, healing, and wholeness! (¯`’•.¸(†♥†)¸.•’´¯)
    Have a blessed and prosperous day! AMEN †

Elephantbutt.gif
  • kchrizzy
    Options
    Okay Everyone! I have my measurements. I know my weight. The only thing that's left for me to do is to send it to Kris with a before picture. Tomorrow is the deadline. I need to pick a photo tonight. Has anyone else still waiting to send their info?
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i have to send it tonight i almost forgot about now i need to take a pic grr im excited