Wow, I noticed a difference

Options
I recently joined the board and I'm about to end my first week of induction. I had some rough moments but as of today I'm feeling good and way more in control. And I've lost quite a bit of weight the first week! I haven't cheated AT ALL but did have a few weak moments where my sons were picking through their Halloween candy and I just wanted to cry! But anyway, what I wanted share was that earlier today I was serving up some nacho cheese Doritos to my kids and husband for lunch, and after I did that I licked the cheese stuff off of my finger tips... And it tasted like sugar!! I do NOT remember nacho cheese Doritos being that sweet (not that I ate them much anyway). I'm guessing that after the elimination of so much sugar from my diet, I actually noticed sweetness where I hadn't before. I hadn't expected this as a side effect, and I'm glad I can say that it tasted pretty disgusting and didn't tempt me to eating any more at all.

Replies

• forkeeps251
    forkeeps251 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    One more thing... I don't have any low carbers of my friends list so anyone feel free to add me!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    One more thing... I don't have any low carbers of my friends list so anyone feel free to add me!
    Sent you a friend request.
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will add you. I do support low carb and am very likely to be going back to it. This week I am finishing just watching calories, but next week I am heading back to low carb. My body seems to prefer it better.
  • forkeeps251
    forkeeps251 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will add you. I do support low carb and am very likely to be going back to it. This week I am finishing just watching calories, but next week I am heading back to low carb. My body seems to prefer it better.

I sort of did the same thing... I did south beach for about two weeks and lost six pounds this summer. After that I switched to counting calories and it took me 2.5 months to take off the next seven pounds. I've been low carb again for a week and am down another three... so it really seems that for me, this is the way to go. I know it will slow down a bit later, but with counting calories it was REALLY slow to come off.
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request. There is also a low carb group that is great support.