Season 3 - Episode 4 "Killer Within" (11/04/12)

Options

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    This episode was so hard to watch. I wasn't a Lori fan, but I did feel bad about the way she died. I understand that, as a mother, she wants to do everything possible to make sure the baby lives....but in this new world, life is often a death sentence. I'm actually kind of upset that a baby has entered the mix (I know this happens in the comic book too).

Also, what do you think is going to happen next week with Michonne and Andrea? I think Michonne should just take the Governor out. She's such a bad *kitten*!!
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This episode was so hard to watch. I wasn't a Lori fan, but I did feel bad about the way she died. I understand that, as a mother, she wants to do everything possible to make sure the baby lives....but in this new world, life is often a death sentence. I'm actually kind of upset that a baby has entered the mix (I know this happens in the comic book too).

Also, what do you think is going to happen next week with Michonne and Andrea? I think Michonne should just take the Governor out. She's such a bad *kitten*!!

I think that Michonne probably knows that she doesn't have enough on the Gov. to justify killing him, let alone thinking she can get away with it. It's more likely and a smarter choice for her to leave on her own without Andrea, but that probably wouldn't make as good of a story.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the new baby is going to get snuffed out in some future episode for crying and attracting walkers.

I don't think a single character in the prison group would ever do that.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    maybe the stalker that was watching Carol got her- and we don't know about it- probably some sicko in the prison somewhere... Who knows- crazy that Andrew made it- but thinking, what a dumb-*kitten* for setting the alarms off and attracting MORE walkers to the prison- seriously?!

So sad for T-dog- kept thinking they're not giving his character enough depth or air time- now I know why....Hoping this Oscar (is that his name?) guy gets some air time- he's hot!

Sad about Lori - I've had 2 C-sections- there'd be no way to survive without medical attention - surprised they didn't try and scavenge some bottles earlier- and diapers are going to be a pain....those chicks are gonna be not happy with laundry day having to do diapers...lol
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    maybe the stalker that was watching Carol got her- and we don't know about it- probably some sicko in the prison somewhere... Who knows- crazy that Andrew made it- but thinking, what a dumb-*kitten* for setting the alarms off and attracting MORE walkers to the prison- seriously?!

I think the one stalking Carol was the prisoner that was shot in the head by the other prisoner. We all assumed he was Walker bait, but I guess not.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    All I can say is, holy good effing episode. I was shaking and fighting back tears at Rick's reaction. Even though I hated Lori, jeez.

Still don't know more about The Governor. Still bothering me. :tongue:
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    That was an incredible episode. I couldn't stand Lori but poor sweet Rick!! Where did Carol go? I totally didn't even think of that prisoner being the trouble making stalker, just wrote him off when Rick locked him out!!

Also. Andrea is a friggin IDIOT
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    shane's loud crying baby will not help the group one bit
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I thought they were going to have Andrea & the Governor kissing before he let her out the door- loved the preview w/Michonne and the Governor- looking forward to that hostile showdown/standoff!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I can't even deal with this episode. I cried during and then balled again later. I have to keep reminding myself that its fake because holy jeebus. Rick is going to lose his mind now.
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    After giving birth myself without medication, I instantly felt bad for Lori. Her last words to Carl were so sweet and I was blubbering like a baby! I like that Carol is stepping up and doing more than laundry and cooking, she's not a damsel in distress anymore, but she needs to keep her hands off my boyfriend! : ) And T-Dog! Noooooo! He was awesome, and I wanted him to have more lines. At least he went down a hero. As far as Andrea, Michonne, and Merle go, I don't think they really have a choice to leave. I think the Govenor will kill anyone who leaves, seeing as how it could become a threat to his little town if they came back with more people to take over Woodbury.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wanted Rick and Andrea to hook up the minute she hesitated "stealing" the necklace in the store for her sister in Season One.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Ding dong the b!t(h is dead, the b!t(h is dead, the wicked b!t(h...

Happy that Lori's time finally came. T-Dog was cool, but I think you saw it coming. Great job by Andrew Lincoln in that scene when he realizes Lori is dead. Great episode all together.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I haven't been a fan of Lori from the beginning of the show (she's wasn't that bad in the comic books) but her last speech to Carl made me kind of respect her in a way that I didn't before. And of course that made it all that much worse when she dies.

I think that killed me the most was the way that Rick was screaming for Lori when all the walkers started attacking. It sounded like sheer panic. And of course I completely lost it at the end. Rick's reaction is so human and real. This is going to be a great plot point for the show because who is going to be willing to step up into the leadership position when Rick loses his ****???

I'm so beyond annoyed with Andrea!!! I get it, it's the end of the world, the last guy you had sex with turned into a zombie, its been a while but REALLY?!?!?!?! Merle??? I doubt there is anything that he could say that would make me want to take my clothes off but apparently Andrea is that desperate. I hope Michonne just leaves Andrea's stupid *kitten* in Woodsbury and gets the hell out of dodge..
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    As painful as Rick's reaction was, my reaction was, "Dude, go to Carl. SOMEONE... hug Carl."

He's going to be seriously f'ed up after this.

I thought the same thing!!!
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too upset by Lori, but definitely had a reaction to T-Dog. My husband and I were joking that the show can only have one Black guy at a time since it looks like they may replace T-Dog with the inmate who stepped up at the end! :laugh:
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I hope Carol is dead also. I find her incredibly annoying.

I'm not 100% sure that she's actually dead. I loved that T-Dog threw himself on those zombie so that she could get back. If you're going down....go down like a true hero!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I think that Michonne probably knows that she doesn't have enough on the Gov. to justify killing him, let alone thinking she can get away with it. It's more likely and a smarter choice for her to leave on her own without Andrea, but that probably wouldn't make as good of a story.

This episode reminded me of why I hated Andrea so much before she got separated from the group. She's a flipping idiot who is completely blinded by men with any type of authority/power. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she's had a hard-on for Michonne but is on to the next when her interest isn't reciprocated.

It is really no wonder Carl is as off the chain as he is with the parents he has. I guess Rick forgot that he told his son that everyone was gonna die and to take them out as necessary to survive.

FTR: I love the woman Maggie is becoming.
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fantastic episode, my eyes got watery in the final scene.

To all the Lori haters, and there are plenty of you, I am fairly convinced she was designed as a unlikable character, so the writers did their job. I hope she's not dead, so you get wound up even more. I am not sure how you could survive a hack-job caesarian without immediate medical attention, but anything can happen in tv.

She would have to survive the C-Section and a bullet in the head. Unlikely. I feel pretty sure that Carl did the deed.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And there's the interview with the actress saying how she's off the show. :wink: