Ugh.... Really???

Options
2»

Replies

• disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I was wondering what happened. Now, here's hoping he doesn't reply back with a terribly long run on sentence asking more questions.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Well, Friday after all this, I had climbed on my vanpool van, and checked my email , FB, and went on POF and BAM he was there waiting for me. As soon as I signed on I got a "well hello there...." My first instinct was to beat my forehead on the seat in front of me. Then I get more messages from him saying he's going to dinner with some friends, and should be home around 6p and would love to talk to me around6p and then who knows go to bingo at 8 the same night.

All communications were via POF, and only for a matter of not even 24 hours at this point in time.

So I politely just said, "I do not think we are a match, and I would like to thank you for your interest, but I do not see this going anywhere. Good luck on your search."

You heartbreaker!

Just kidding. Rejecting a bunch of people is one of the necessary evils of online dating. I'm sure everyone has been on both sides of that before. No biggie.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Well, Friday after all this, I had climbed on my vanpool van, and checked my email , FB, and went on POF and BAM he was there waiting for me. As soon as I signed on I got a "well hello there...." My first instinct was to beat my forehead on the seat in front of me. Then I get more messages from him saying he's going to dinner with some friends, and should be home around 6p and would love to talk to me around6p and then who knows go to bingo at 8 the same night.

All communications were via POF, and only for a matter of not even 24 hours at this point in time.

So I politely just said, "I do not think we are a match, and I would like to thank you for your interest, but I do not see this going anywhere. Good luck on your search."

I adore your "beat my forehead on the seat" statement. I know exactly how that feels. :P

You made a REALLY good call being direct. Because guys like this DO NOT take a hint. Ever. Under any circumstances.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I was wondering what happened. Now, here's hoping he doesn't reply back with a terribly long run on sentence asking more questions.

He actually has not replied. Thankfully.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Ladies.. what is worse.. clingy guys, or *kitten*?

I think clingy guys are worse, because it's harder to be mean to them than to *kitten*, haha.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I feel more trapped with a clingy guy. It makes me panic. When a guy is an *kitten* I have no trouble standing up for myself and moving on (as many have seen).
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I feel more trapped with a clingy guy. It makes me panic. When a guy is an *kitten* I have no trouble standing up for myself and moving on (as many have seen).

Amen to this.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I only went out with one clingy guy and he totally freaked me out. He stalked me for months. Very hard to deal with in the end :angry:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple first dates with clingy guys....never made it past the first date. Those ones made it to the first date because I gave them the benefit of the doubt (nerves, excited, etc). Yeah, bad choice. If I catch any sign of a clinger now, I run. lol
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    An *kitten* I can deal with - I work with them all the time. Clingers - they freak me out honestly because I see stalker in them, and well me in the end with a loaded shot gun.