Finished the program

Options
Hi all! I finished the program two weeks ago. I took last week off and purchased Starting Strength to read. In the meantime I decided to do another round of NROLFW. I was wondering if anyone else has gone two rounds back to back?

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing! I haven't done two rounds back to back, just wanted to say Congrats!:)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I haven't finished the first time yet (starting Stage 7 tomorrow or Monday), but I think after that, I might do NROLFW Stage 1 for a few weeks to focus on the basics, but I might substitute assisted chinups for some of the lat pulldowns. Then, I'm thinking of reading NROL-Turbocharged, which is coming out just after Christmas, and I might try that, or NROL-Abs.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats for finishing! That's all. :)
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How are your measurments? Are you any heavier or lighter? Did your dress size change?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    After finishing NROL4W I tried to do it again but I got bored and wanted something different. I went with stronglift 5 x 5
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on finishing!

I am getting ready to start Stage 5, and am already pondering what I am going to do when I finish Stage 7. New Rules for Abs, the original New Rules, the new New Rules Supercharged?

I'm not sure, but I like the way the New Rules books have alternating workouts and change things up every month or so. I get bored easily and this method really works for me. I feel like I get a great workout and like seeing the strength gains. I can definitely understand why you would want to start over and do it back-to-back.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the congratulations! It took me seven months to finish due to having guests occupy our basement this past summer where we have our "gym" set up. As far as losing inches/weight, nope, not really(I only measure my neck, waist, and hips). I started out very weak. But now I can lift my six year old over my head as she planks. I also had an atrocious diet pretty much the entire time. At least 3000+ calories a day for months on end. I am glad to say I did not gain weight other than the fluctuating water weight. But my strength gains were incredible!

I see a HUGE difference in my overall body composition. Muscle in my arms that had never been there before. I have more butt and look forward to adding to that.

I run on my alternate days of lifting now and have been on a cut for two weeks. Cutting calories and lifting makes strength gains nearly impossible. I'll definitely come back to say how I did on the program the second time around.

Again, thank you all for the encouraging words.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program & here are my results!! :)

Resampled_BIKINI122.jpg
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well done Lemonaiding - please let us know how you find it 2nd time around :smile:

Fantastic work KaraGrr! Did you stick just to the workouts or do you do extra cardio?
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Congrats to Lemonaiding as well. I am in phase 6 and have only gained. I am much stronger and have muscles in my arms, but I dont see anything as dramtic as KaraGrr. KaraGrr what calorie goal did you set? Did you follow the book or another calculator?
  • KaraGrr
    Options
    Thanks jsextrasmooth! I did do more cardio than just the 15 minute intervals...I love to run so I throw in about a 30-45 min cardio session about 3 times a week. It really helped shed the fat off so I could see some of my new muscles!

@natini - I eat around 1700 on a typical workout day, I don't beat myself up if I'm over or under...I really just try to listen to my body and eat if I'm hungry but not eat a bunch just because I have calories left over. I tried to focus on eating really clean, but I definitely had my fair share of "cheat" meals. As long as you're killing it in the gym theres wiggle room :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    KaraGrr - how tall are you? What calories did the book tell you to eat vs what you ate? What was your weight before and after? Pics look awesome - congrats on the progress!
  • KaraGrr
    Options
    I'm 5'7". Let's see...looking back at my calculations from the book, it put me at 1,995 on a non workout day & 2,494 on a workout day. When I started Stage 1 I tried to follow those caloric guidelines and I just felt like it was too much so I cut back. I gained weight when I first started the program (I think most people do...) but I started out at 139 lbs and am now at about 126. Make sure you eat your protein! :) Thanks I'm excited about the progress!
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job Lemonaiding! That's awesome!

Way to go KaraGrr! You look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures and your stats! So when does your fitness modeling job start? ;) You have a seriously rocking bod!
  • KaraGrr
    Options
    Thanks Rockhound27! Haha fitness modeling job...i wish ;) I just started Jillian Michael's Making the Cut circuit training so I'm hoping to get some even better results from that!
  • Lemonaiding
    Options
    I just finished the program & here are my results!! :)

Resampled_BIKINI122.jpg

Amazing!
  • Lemonaiding
    Options
    Thanks jsextrasmooth! I did do more cardio than just the 15 minute intervals...I love to run so I throw in about a 30-45 min cardio session about 3 times a week. It really helped shed the fat off so I could see some of my new muscles!

I have been running between 5-7 miles on alternate days of lifting. I'm really liking going through the NROL4W again. I know much more than I did the first time around and comparing the gains is incredible.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through the 2nd round, but this time I'm changing some things (back squats instead of those one arm overhead squats, HIIT instead of any of those body matrix, etc). I'll finish it this time, but i'll probably go onto something new at the beginning of the year.
  • Lemonaiding
    Options
    I'm halfway through the 2nd round, but this time I'm changing some things (back squats instead of those one arm overhead squats, HIIT instead of any of those body matrix, etc). I'll finish it this time, but i'll probably go onto something new at the beginning of the year.

I plan on reading through Starting Strength over the December holidays and starting that once I am finished with this second round. I'm impressed with myself this time around compared to the first time. Comparing data has helped keep me motivated.

What do you plan on doing after you're finished?
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm going to finish tomorrow and I'm going to repeat stage 7 because I love it. I was going to start Stronglifts 5x5 but seeing so many mentions of Starting Strength makes me want to look into it. I will definitely be continuing some form of heavy lifting. I love the tightening of my body and prefer it now to cardio.