Companion training plan

Options
DoctorKyrina
DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
This plan is pretty loosely thought out so far, but I was thinking about a workout plan under the ideas of a companion training plan. The idea is that they're exercises specifically designed to help in case of a sudden offer of becoming a companion.

So, what would a companion need to train? A lot of running. Intense sprinting and the ability to keep up with an alien with a lot of energy. But I know it would need more than that. Ideas?

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    definitely a LOT of running. and stairs. to escape from Daleks. and ladders; there always seems to be the need to go up a ladder quickly.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm working on the running...I guess I'll add the stairs next. One day I'm going to see a blue phone box in my front yard, I just know it!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Working those arms. Rose Tyler couldn't hold on to the magnet, granted that there was an magnetic force the strength of a minor black hole sucking her into a wormhole to the parallel universe...but, I would say work out the arms.
    Biceps, triceps and deltoids.

Cos, you know Rose comes back toting a huge a** space rifle later on.

Not dying...How many times has Rory died? Just saying.
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    OMG! I will contribute to this post later...about to head out the door, but this is awesome. I was just looking at my puppy and I was like...I wonder if there are any Doctor fans on mfp.

PS My puppy's name is "Doctor Who" and he responds to "Doctor". We're building his tardis next week.
  • maab_connor
    Options
    OMG! I will contribute to this post later...about to head out the door, but this is awesome. I was just looking at my puppy and I was like...I wonder if there are any Doctor fans on mfp.

PS My puppy's name is "Doctor Who" and he responds to "Doctor". We're building his tardis next week.

please tell me you're srsly building him a TARDIS dog house. i will probably have to propose marriage, but it's totally worth it.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    definitely a LOT of running. and stairs. to escape from Daleks. and ladders; there always seems to be the need to go up a ladder quickly.

The rope ladder used when escaping the cybermen always seemed so daunting. Wonder is there's a way to train for that? Oh, and some type of balance work - maybe yoga - because if I were to dance on top of a ship with Capain Jack, I would have fallen to my death :laugh:
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    please tell me you're srsly building him a TARDIS dog house. i will probably have to propose marriage, but it's totally worth it.

Yep. Already have the paint and prelim sketches. When we get him a collar that fits, I will post pics of his tag. It say "Allons-y" on the back. I live in NC, so the proposal wouldn't work out here. (You're a chick right? That looks like a girl fox :) )
  • maab_connor
    Options

Yep. Already have the paint and prelim sketches. When we get him a collar that fits, I will post pics of his tag. It say "Allons-y" on the back. I live in NC, so the proposal wouldn't work out here. (You're a chick right? That looks like a girl fox :) )

that doesn't mean i can't propose.

that's AWESOME!!

ETA: you should make a thread and post the plans!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I dunno, running from a dalek is just stupid. If you are gonna die, may as well make the most of it and hit it with a big wrench first.

I wanna build my wife a TARDIS in the garden for her tools. But I've never been able to find plans for one.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I dunno, running from a dalek is just stupid. If you are gonna die, may as well make the most of it and hit it with a big wrench first.

I wanna build my wife a TARDIS in the garden for her tools. But I've never been able to find plans for one.

Here you go...
    http://news.discovery.com/space/how-to-really-build-your-own-tardis-120312.html
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I listen to "I Am The Doctor" (normal and ultimate medley) whilst on the treadmill and I pretend I'm escaping an exploding space station!!

It says I've done 20 minutes but I know thanks to the complexities of timey wimeyness I have been jog/running for several years
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I listen to "I Am The Doctor" (normal and ultimate medley) whilst on the treadmill and I pretend I'm escaping an exploding space station!!

It says I've done 20 minutes but I know thanks to the complexities of timey wimeyness I have been jog/running for several years

I do this ALL THE TIME. That piece of music really gets the adrenaline pumping, doesn't it?

And I agree with the whole "timey wimeyness" of running. There's definitely some temporal event that slows down time whenever I go for a run.
  • Prince_Syu
    Prince_Syu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is my plan as well!! You gotta train to be apart of the doctor's crew xD lots of running for sure! you need to gain endurance! Also you need a great pair of running shoes xD I have my boots at the ready for when I hear that whooo-whooosh-whoooo <3
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Arguably the relevant skill actually is coming back after death and/or never having existed at all.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Nothing relevant to add, but this is awesome and I want in! Running, lots and lots of running for sure!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    We need to add more ideas to this, whovians.

So far I've gotten pretty good at not blinking. Does that count?
  • daringstoic
    Options
    When I'm out running and I want to stop, I always tell myself that I'd need to do way better than this if I want to survive for long as the Doctor's companion. Plus, it always helps to imagine him waiting with the TARDIS out on my front lawn when I get home.

All the running I've been doing meant that I was able to rock a pretty cute Tenth Doctor costume for Halloween this week. That's a bonus in and of itself. :)
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    WOW I LOVE YOU ALL HAHAHHA
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Working those arms. Rose Tyler couldn't hold on to the magnet, granted that there was an magnetic force the strength of a minor black hole sucking her into a wormhole to the parallel universe...but, I would say work out the arms.
    Biceps, triceps and deltoids.

Cos, you know Rose comes back toting a huge a** space rifle later on.

She couldn't hold on to the magnet but she could hold on to that rope hanging from the barrage balloon during the WWII episode, so we need upper body strength.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options

That is the most adorable thing - I hope there are pictures in our future!