A Self-Imposed Phobia/Confession...sigh :/

Options
lmjonesga
lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
It's official. I apparently have a phobia. And that phobia is the fear that for whatever reason I won't get out of the 30's in terms of pounds lost. I've always been able to get into the 30's when I focus but have never made it all the way to a total weight loss of 40 pounds or more. Ever. And then I get off track and the pounds pile back on.

I am sitting at 38 pounds right now--at least from my highest recorded weight. I didn't start tracking until I'd already lost 5 pounds (that's why my number on MFP is at 33 pounds).

I am scared...scared that somehow I am going to jinx this. More than anything, I would like to hear/feel some positive and encouraging thoughts that will help me conquer this fear.

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! Get the numbers out of your head for awhile. They don't mean a whole lot.
  • lisab0864
    Options
    Well now that you've put it out there........................you can't sabotage yourself... ;-)
    Bet you are looking at 40+ pounds gone w/in a couple weeks!!!!! Keep us updated!!!
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Recognizing the fear is the first step to beating it. You CAN do this - keep on keeping on. Obviously you are doing somthing right or you would be as far as you are. Keep up the great work and like they said earlier - quit thinking about it as "numbers". Really, it's just a mind game. Keep us posted.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    I agree with not focusing on the numbers too much. Focus on how you feel now! Much better than 38lbs heavier.... right? Focus on a reward once you have surpassed a certain weight or amount of time you kept it off and kept going. Maybe a new outfit, or a spa treatment or massage.

Put your future image first in your mind. Do you have an outfit that you love but cannot fit in right now? Keep it out in plain sight to remind yourself of your goals.

I'm with you on this!

Kim