Water bottle type belt???

Options
tlynnweb
tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
Can anyone recommend a good water bottle holder type belt for running a half marathon??

Replies

• bridies01
    bridies01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-10-Ounce-Nutrition-Flasks-Medium/dp/B000KBD9QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344541727&sr=8-1&keywords=nathan+hydration+belt

I bought this one, and I was skeptical because I don't like extra "stuff" when I run. But given how hot it gets here in the summer and lack of water fountains, I started using it on long runs. It doesn't bother me after the first mile or so.
  • amandask66
    amandask66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use a fuel belt similar to what the above person posted just different brand and mine has 4 bottles and a little pocket for a key or cell phone. I got mine at my local running store but you can get them on amazon.
  • tavelavl
    tavelavl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    iFitness belts -- best ever! itfitnessinc.com or on FB. Great customer service, the belts don't ride up, super light-weight. You might pay a little bit more but worth every penny.
  • Runner_Bob
    Runner_Bob Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I bought the Nathan belt - the same one mentioned by bridies01 - and I love it. I have used it on several long runs and was afraid of the added weight and the sloshing around of the water, but it works great and isn't uncomfortable. On a hot day however, I needed more than the 2 - 10oz. bottles. Happy running! Bob
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have a Nathan brand belt as well, the one with four small bottles, and I love it for training runs! I haven't used it for a race because typically the route has enough water stations and such that it's not necessary to carry any water. I do use a small pouch to carry my carbs, but with that and the water stations I've had success not using my own belt during a race. Training, however, I need it for anything over 8 miles unless I plan to stop along the way.
  • dipletti
    dipletti Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use a fuel belt with four bottle holders. I drink a lot of water when I run...
  • l3ugjuice
    Options
    I hate the belts. However, one of the bottle hand straps is fine. Particularly in the summer. I'm in Alabama so it gets hotter than hell down here in the summer months. Freezing a water bottle and holding it while you run does a surprisingly good job of cooling you down.

The course I run on is 3 miles one way, with a water fountain at each end...so that's pretty much the only reason I carry anything at all is to cool off. /lucky