30 Day Challenge for November

Options
violet976
violet976 Posts: 310 Member
Okay guys & gals. I find I stay motivated much better with a challenge in front of me. Since I'm new to a real exercise routine, I'm going to start this one as basic as can be:

*1 exercise dvd routine per day. While we're aiming for Richard Simmons on this one, certainly don't knock yourself if you sub in another program for a day instead. I know some like variety, some like a set routine... so long as you're getting your butt in gear it's a step in the right direction.

Feel free to start early as well. Each day we'll post if we kept up with the challenge, as well as any other exercises we may have piled in as well. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• violet976
    Options
    I'll be starting my challenge early on Sunday when I pick up my first dvd (not sure which one yet). For anyone wanting to join in, feel free to post which dvd (or dvds) you'll try to stick with each day, along with any goals you have for the month. We can share our progress as the month goes along.

My personal goals for this November Challenge:
    *1 Richard Simmons dvd per day
    *1 routine of 30 Day Shred per day (currently on day 6, level 1)
    *2.5 mile walk per day
    *The Butt Bible a few times per week

mini-goals:
    -up my water intake
    -stay on top of my calcium, protein & iron intake (been tracking all meals with the food diary)
    -remember to take a rest day each week
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    I"ll be starting my 30 day challenge tomorrow! SO EXCITED! I plan on doing them at least 5 days a week!

Good Luck Everyone!
  • violet976
    Options
    Just sampled Sweatin to the Oldies & I actually think it's pretty fun. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing yet, but I think it will be a blast once I learn the routines.
  • violet976
    Options
    Ok, so I started a few days early. Day 1 of Sweating w/ the Oldies complete. Did the entire routine, though I was prancing around like a confused fool during a lot of it. Very glad no one was watching. I did work up a bit of a sweat though, which surprised me.

I'm currently on day 7 of my exercise routine, as follows:
    - Sweating w/ the Oldies, day 1
    - Butt Bible, level 1, day 3
    - 30 Day Shred, level 1, day 7
    - 2.5 mile walk, day 7

I know CydtheSquid will be joining in shortly. Any other takers? :p
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Well, I didn't get to start today like I wanted. I ended up taking an abandoned cat to the vet and got home too late to start. They are keeping him over night, and I'll be taking him home tomorrow, so I will probably start on Nov 1st.
  • violet976
    Options
    Well, I didn't get to start today like I wanted. I ended up taking an abandoned cat to the vet and got home too late to start. They are keeping him over night, and I'll be taking him home tomorrow, so I will probably start on Nov 1st.

Glad to hear you rescued that kitty, even if it cost an arm and a leg. Hopefully he'll get settled with your own cats quickly & you can join in again. ;)
  • violet976
    Options
    Day 2 of Sweatin' with the Oldies complete. & just got Sweatin' w/ the Oldies 2 from the library, so that's the gamplan for tomorrow. I'm doing all my other workouts in the AM & mid-day, and using this as my fun relaxing one at night. It's actually a nice change of pace after a long stretch of sitting & sewing, and I find myself smiling through most of it, which I can't say for the other dvds I'm doing. :p
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Well, better late than never! I finally started my challenge. I enjoyed it as much as I remembered. Had to ice my foot afterwards, though. Looks like it's just you and me!
    Hope to do it everyday now!
  • violet976
    Options
    Sounds good. I missed yesterday because I was wiped with my other routines, but I'll jump back on track tonight.
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Well, just completed my second day (I know, on day four, but what can you do). I'm just going to say I'm on day 4! I didn't realize how out of shape I was again since I stopped doing them. I'm just going to have to keep it up this time!
  • violet976
    Options
    Well, just completed my second day (I know, on day four, but what can you do). I'm just going to say I'm on day 4! I didn't realize how out of shape I was again since I stopped doing them. I'm just going to have to keep it up this time!

Which one are you doing?
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting.....I just discovered this group when I was looking at a general search....I will start in the morning...my goal for the morning is to get on the tread-climber for 20 minutes and a video in the evening...don't have any of the Richard Simmons anymore....will have to find or order one later in the week
  • violet976
    Options
    Sounds interesting.....I just discovered this group when I was looking at a general search....I will start in the morning...my goal for the morning is to get on the tread-climber for 20 minutes and a video in the evening...don't have any of the Richard Simmons anymore....will have to find or order one later in the week

Welcome to the group! I also do mine in the evening, as I do my harder workouts in the AM & midday, and use Richard as a cooldown for the night.

You could check your local library, as mine had at least 1 of his dvds. At least you can get a good idea if you enjoy it or not. Amazon probably has good deals as well, or perhaps your local Craigslist.
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Right now I'm doing Oldies 3. I figure I'll do this one all week, then go on to 4. You want 3 this weekend? Did my exercise for today. I've decided to do it after work instead of in the morning. Work some of the stress off (if there happens to be any that day)!
  • violet976
    Options
    @ Cyd: I've barely even done #1, sadly. This week has been a rush to keep up with work & still fit in 2 other dvds & the 2.3 mile walk. & yesterday, when I was pumped to get back on top of it before bed, our power went out.

So... hopefully tonight is the night, & I'm not sure about #3. Will you be coming here this weekend? We should play it by ear since hopefully foster kitty will be coming home tomorrow. ;)
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Finished my daily Simmons, hopefully I won't flake out before the month is over!

Violet, I plan to come over on Sunday as usual. I'll bring the dvd in case you do want to exchange.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Videos on the way...in the meantime,have made a point to be on tread climber each day
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Still hanging in there with the videos. Missed posting yesterday, but not the exercise. Yeah!
  • cydthesquid
    Options
    Another day down. I've started doing the food diary, too. Sometimes I get a treat because I'm not quite to 1000 calories, and it warns that is not good. On those days I get ICE CREAM!
  • violet976
    Options
    Finally took my first full rest day since this week has been all over the place. Wasn't wanting to, but there was simply no time to get it done today anyway.

Aiming to jump back in this weekend, fingers crossed. I was doing great at getting all the exercise in until real life crept up all at once, so kudos to those of you with standard schedules that are more hectic & still get this done. ;)

@ Cyd: Glad to hear you are trying out the food diary. Today is the second day I've missed, but other than that I've logged religiously. It really helps to monitor where the vitamins are falling short., and to see which foods are best for bumping up on days when I've fallen behind on a certain vitamin. I've found kale, wheatgrass, lentils & peanut butter to be miracle foods for some of my needed vitamins.