Tips!

Options
Anyone got any good tips to share? My first one is the oh-so-obvious "drink lots of water"! It really makes a huge difference in your body's ability to burn fat and keep everything functioning properly. I suffer from occasional kidney problems so I try to be dedicated with the water drinking. I really notice a difference in my skin, hair, nails and cellulite if I let myself get dehydrated. And no one wants to carry extra water weight when we can just flush it out by drinking more!
I work from home and make sure I've got a 2L bottle of water with me so I can make sure I drink enough.

Replies

• AJL56156
    Options
    Tips? Um...don't eat yellow snow! Here's another: don't pee into the wind!
  • kellibenage
    Options

and the fun begins.....
  • BrightonBelle
    BrightonBelle Posts: 57 Member
    Options

I can assure you that, despite its low calorie count, yellow snow has never appealed to me! My dog on the other hand is a big fan of all colours of snow and of peeing into the wind!

So... any weight loss tips? ;)

Another one from me - add sunflower/pumpkin seeds to cooked food (curries/stews/soups/pasta etc.) Very filling and nice and crunchy!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I don't think this is a problem for women ;)
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Let see as far as tips go ... For me running (working out) in the morning rather than at night - ensures I get my run in - if I wait until after work I am, usually too pooped to go. Eating a fulfilling breakfast has also helped me - something like yogurt with fruit, bagel, or cereal -Usually I can keep breakfast under 300 calories and it keeps me full until lunch. Exercising really helps - It boost my energy, moral and gives me extra calories :) I feel like 1200 calories a day is hard to keep up, with exercise I can usually eat 1500 a day and that extra 300 makes the diet easier to maintain and still lose weight. Hope that helps! also looking forward to hearing others tips!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Having a great support group... I really have not gotten as far as I would like to be but I would be so much worse if it were not for my MFP support group. I can always count on a lovely bunch of ladies to motivate me and not judge!
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am an early morning work out, I too would more then likely have a whole list of reasons why I can't go after work. I really focused on water consumption as of late and feel that is really making difference.
    I weigh myself everyday so I can make sure I am staying on track.
  • christyrussell2
    christyrussell2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I love the yellow snow & peeing in the wind! You are toooooo funny! :laugh:

I have a great website to share as a tip. It's called Shopwell. You type in basic info (age, gender, etc), health issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc) & any other concerns you have or want to watch (sodium, weight mgmt, etc). You can search any & all types of food or specific food products. It will give you a numeric grade for that item on a scale of 0-100 on how good of a match it is for you according to the parameters you set up. By using this website, I found that many of the things that I thought were healthy choices for me actually were terrible choices! I was shocked. It is a great website. Check it out! :drinker:

:heart: Christy
  • npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Eat sweet potato instead of white ones, they are packed with fiber, also make sure you eat a fruit snack in between meals, and try to make your meals mainly veg, the fiber builds up and is great for weight loss, before I was eating about 8g of fiber when you are meant to eat 25g! now im eating between 20-25g. I live in china so at work our food is a big bowl of vegetables! Literally!
  • dusk77
    dusk77 Posts: 16
    Options
    My own tip would also be early morning workout as I can make every excuse in the book not to work out in the evening, also don't ever forget why you started this journey in the first place :smile:
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    gotta be whole grains for me, a whole wheat bagel/sandwich (truly whole grain- look at the label it's gotta have those words right at the beginning), sticks with me waaay longer and has me filling fuller longer than other options

preplan! pack your portions for lunch/know what you will be eating for each meal so that you can stick with healthy options rather than just what's available
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be busy make a big batch of soup <3 its warm, its filling and best of all you can throw in all your favourite foods! My latest batch was chicken, carrots, onions, mushrooms, red chilli, a teeny bit of potato (half a potato for a 6 serving batch) and 1 portions worth of basmati rice. Doesn't take long to do and then you have access to yummy fresh soup for a week! Or in my latest case... 3 days, I went a bit soup crazy after I made my last batch!

Plan your food and pre-log as much as you can, it takes away the temptation of "oh I'll just have a lil extra..." and you know where you stand, the mobile app is awesome for this as I usually work out my meals when Im on the bus :P
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be busy make a big batch of soup <3 its warm, its filling and best of all you can throw in all your favourite foods! My latest batch was chicken, carrots, onions, mushrooms, red chilli, a teeny bit of potato (half a potato for a 6 serving batch) and 1 portions worth of basmati rice. Doesn't take long to do and then you have access to yummy fresh soup for a week! Or in my latest case... 3 days, I went a bit soup crazy after I made my last batch!

Plan your food and pre-log as much as you can, it takes away the temptation of "oh I'll just have a lil extra..." and you know where you stand, the mobile app is awesome for this as I usually work out my meals when Im on the bus :P

Great Idea! Do you have a recipe for your soup? x
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    my soup changes literally every time I make it - this was a yummy yummy one I did for last week though <3

Chicken - Thigh, meat only, cooked, roasted, 2 thigh, bone and skin remove
    Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Vegetables - Red Chilli Peppers, Raw, 16 g/1 pepper
    Tesco Value - Chopped Tomatoes In Tomato Juice 100 g, 1 container (400 gs ea.)
    Tesco - Spanish Chorizo Sausage, 50 g
    Tesco - Basmati - Rice, 60 g (as sold)
    Tesco - Red Kidney Beans In Chilli Sauce Small Can, 1 Can (205g)

1. Stick chicken thighs in the oven, gas 5 (around 375 degrees)
    2. Gently fry onions (I use a non stick pan, feel free to use some pam or something) until starting to soften.
    3. Add thinly diced chilli pepper and small cubed chorizo sausage, continue cooking until sausage is browned.
    4. Add chopped tomato, kidney beans and rice. Season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme (or use dried, I just have fresh herbs kicking around). Simmer for 20mins
    5. Remove chicken from oven, if not deboned debone it now and cut into small cubes. Add to soup.
    6. Add boiling water to thin to the consistancy you require.
    7. Eat and enjoy!

That one was enough for 5 servings at 187 cals each :)
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    stop eating 4 hours before you sleep & plan treats to look forward to (glass of wine, piece of dark chocolate for me). Talking to friends about goals, working out 5 days or more a week.

I am trying to get back into using strength training which is always a jump start for me:)
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am trying to go to the gym on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to run the elliptical. I go straight from work and sometimes at the end of a workday I just want to go home, retreat to the couch and turn into a couch vegetable. When I find myself looking for excuses to not go, I go here: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/reasons+to+be+fit for motivation. It gets my blood pumping thinking that if I just keep at it and don't quit I will finally "look like that", "feel like that" or "be able to do that" and I can't get away from work and onto the elliptical quick enough!