Newbie to the group.

Options
Hello Torontonians :) i'm new to the group, but not to the city.
I am 24 years old, attending Ryerson U& living in the Queen W + Spadina area! I am also VEGAN. any other veggies in the group?
hope to meet some awesome MFP locals :)

Friends?
xo Mari

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live just north of you (Bloor and Spadina). I think it's fairly easy to get by as a vegan in Toronto, especially where you're living. I'm not personally vegan, but my sister is, so I often eat vegan to accommodate her.
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    I live uptown, but work at King/Spadina. Feel free to add me :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hey! Jealous of where you live, I want to live downtown lol, I live at Bathurst/Eglinton. Close to downtown, but not IN downtown, haha.
    I'm a vegetarian although I eat about 80% (maybe more?) vegan. It is hard to give up pizza *sigh*. And if I'm at a restaurant, or if my family brings up some food, if there is a work event with food, and it has dairy/egg in it, then I will eat it. But I won't buy milk/egg products.
    There are TONS of great (and cheap!) fruit and veggie shops in your area. Chinatown and Kensington Market, mostly. About the same price (or cheaper) than discount stores (aka No Frills, Freschco, Food Basics) BUT soooo much better tasting :).
  • GroverBlue78
    GroverBlue78 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the city. I live in the same area as Lynn1982 (Bloor and Spadina). And this city has a lot of options for vegans. Definitely try Kensington market and china town for great deals on fruit/veggies. We (my husband and I) have Vega in the am to ensure we get our protein and we get that for a good deal at Sugar and Spice in Kengington (August , south of College on the east side). There is also this yummy place on Baldwin (near McCaul) call vegetarian haven, its yummy and pretty affordable.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to the city... and I'm not vegan, either. But I DO live pretty close to you - I live in Liberty Village and work in the east end. Feel free to add me :-)
  • monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i really appreciate how EASY it is to be vegan in TO. especially living near china town!