20lb before Christmas Challenge!

Options
ScubyUK
ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
2 months to go, and while this may seem a little unfair to the US contingent who have Thanksgiving first ;o), for those of us who still have that much to lose then here's the challenge.

20lbs off by the 21st of December. Who's up for it?

Replies

• Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    But then you're being unfair to me by ending it right on my birthday! ;)
  • MarielleVert
    MarielleVert Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm down for losing 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. My family is Native American so I didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving, but this year if I lose that 20lbs I may have to celebrate!
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ScubyUK
    Options
    But then you're being unfair to me by ending it right on my birthday! ;)
    [/quote

Sorry Fella, weigh in on the morning of your birthday then, we'll allow you an extra 0.5lb if you need it! ;o)
  • ScubyUK
    Options
    I'm down for losing 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. My family is Native American so I didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving, but this year if I lose that 20lbs I may have to celebrate!

20lbs by Thanksgiving might be pushing it, it's on November 22nd. ;o)
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    YES TO THIS! I think we can pull this off guys! :)
  • ScubyUK
    Options
    I'l be doing my weigh in tomorrow.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm on this like a fat girl on a barstool.

Only less fat. And... yeah you get it. I wanna do this! Perfect weight and date time, I have a wedding to go to for my brother and I want to be a fabulous bridesmaid for it.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am totally up for it! There is a group called "Let's Lose 20lbs by Christmas!!!" that I am already currently in. Feel free to join :)
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Dude I am so down for this!!

My current weight is 228 - I would LOVE to be 208 for xmas. (actually I would *kill* to be under 200 for Xmas but I'm being realistic!)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey! There's another (non LGBT specific) group out there aiming to lose 20 lbs by Christmas, and I'm on that. So I'm definitely in on this one too :D I fly exactly on 21 Dec to visit my gf for Christmas, so the end date is perfect I guess :D haha ~
  • ScubyUK
    Options
    Week 0 - Oct 29th - 283lbs
    Week 1 - Nov 3rd - 277lbs (-6 lbs) - first week back with Soulmatefood. Loving the winter menu. Now I just need my Ankle/Achilles Tendon to finish healing so I can get back exercising.
  • jameseylefebure
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs in my first week so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic! :) I know that i'm not going to maintain that level of weight loss, but I'm jsut happy to have made a few strides in the right direction :)
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!!

My goal was to lose 20lbs by my birthday (4th Dec) and I have already lost about 4, so I am going to carry on aiming for that and if I don't make it then definitely 20 down by Christmas!
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs in my first week so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic! :) I know that i'm not going to maintain that level of weight loss, but I'm jsut happy to have made a few strides in the right direction :)

Gosh how did you manage to lose so much weight in one week?? I could definitely do with a kick start like that.
  • jameseylefebure
    Options

Gosh how did you manage to lose so much weight in one week?? I could definitely do with a kick start like that.

you know what I have actually got NO idea! I think that it was as big a shock to me as anyone else. I've been going the gym before work every day and going to bed really early and just really sticking to my cals. I wont be surprised to find that this week I've either gained or maintained to be honest :)
  • ScubyUK
    Options

Woah! Great job Fella!
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in a little late on this one, but I still need to get motivated, so I'm in!

10 lbs. by 12/25 is realistic for me... I think! LOL

I woke up at 5 am today and walked 2 miles :) Off to a great start !

11/6 SW: 275 lbs
  • RyanRobertJ
    RyanRobertJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I'm going to count my weight from October 29th, because that's when I started the site :) I definitely think I could reach this goal!

As of Oct 29 - 232 pounds
    As of Nov 12 - ???

I'm not weighing myself every week. I've decided on every two. This may change, but that's how I'm starting :P
  • ScubyUK
    Options
    I'm game! I'm going to count my weight from October 29th, because that's when I started the site :) I definitely think I could reach this goal!

As of Oct 29 - 232 pounds
    As of Nov 12 - ???

I'm not weighing myself every week. I've decided on every two. This may change, but that's how I'm starting :P

Every 2 is cool, and actually very healthy from a psychological point of view. ;o)