Augusta

Options
I've been MIA.
Finished Augusta 70.3. Horrible race. Sprained my ankle 1 week before the race, was having issues with my IT band, but decided to go ahead and at least start the race.
Was in Wave 22 out of 24, so I didn't have much time to play around. Guess what? Had a damn flat right out of transition. On my Zipps. Those tubes are a ***** to change. By the time I had them fixed, EVERYONE in the 22, 23 and 24 waves were on the bike and gone. I worked hard to catch up, passed some people. and finally made it to the run. Ran walked, walked, walked.
FINISHED. Barely made the cut off. I wasn't 100%. NEXT year this race is mine!

My goal now is to work on my swimming. My run is blah, I'm just starting back after 6 weeks of no running.
Any suggestions for swim workouts?

Replies

• trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Own that course.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    way to finish, even with a mechanical problem , Hope you heal up and as joe says own it next year
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You'll do better next time! Kuddos for keeping going and sticking it out. Your flat tire is my nightmare! Every time I watch Kona, I see coverage of some pro dropping out after a flat or a slow swim or something and it always makes me mad. I think you should finish if at all possible, even if you are DFL! So...you are strong and better than some pros! :)

For swim, I just bought the book "Swim Workouts for Triathletes" http://www.amazon.com/Swim-Workouts-Triathletes-Practical-Endurance/dp/1934030759/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352300650&sr=8-1&keywords=swim+workouts+for+triathletes . I really like it. It is water proof, so I can stand it up at the pool and use it as I go. I did an "endurance anaerobic" workout today and it kicked my behind. I used to just use plans from SwimPlan.com, but I like this book better. Just a suggestion!

Great job in finishing. I hope your ankle is all healed up!