The humor of it all.

Sometimes life just is NOT fair.

I was dating this guy when I was about 21, Spencer was his name .. we had gone on a few dates and hit it off. then I met my ex husband, Scott, .. he started to pursue me really hard .. so I just kind of poofed on Spencer. Well about four months later Scott and I ran into Spencer at a bar and he pulls me aside and tells me to ditch Scott, that we could be together.. he thinks I am great and wonderful and would treat me like a queen .. blah blah blah. I .. being the loyal (stupid) girl that I was said no and went on my way and married the @ss hat Scott. Fast forward many years:

I was just looking at the election results online and freaking Spencer just got elected for the Surrogate Court Judge for an adjoining County. Are you freaking kidding me????

Replies

• zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Sorry to hear that, it is funny how life works sometimes.

No regrets though, regretting the past is pointless, but I feel for ya.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Spencer is probably a wonderful man, but did you not read the "Occupations not to Date"? No Politicians.... :wink:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Spencer is probably a wonderful man, but did you not read the "Occupations not to Date"? No Politicians.... :wink:

Troof
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    He may not have pursued that job with you in the picture. He may have ended up being a video game addict, mooching off of your income.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    He may not have pursued that job with you in the picture. He may have ended up being a video game addict, mooching off of your income.

True...but still...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member

Some judges are elected, some are appointed. Judges typically have JDs, which is the degree that lawyers typically have. Lawyers were also mentioned in that thread.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Gotta love it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Sounds like Spencer has a great career. Don't forget that you have no idea how his personal life turned out though... if he even has one. Who knows maybe he's been a wokaholic to get to where he is now.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Frustrating! But I agree with pa_jorg... You never know.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    So there is a justice after all!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I truly believe that Spencer is an arrogant, selfish bigot who gets off on lactating women while wearing a nappy!! :laugh:

Seriously, I agree with everyone else, it was not meant to be :flowerforyou:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I truly believe that Spencer is an arrogant, selfish bigot who gets off on lactating women while wearing a nappy!!
    Spencer is leaving the dream of every man!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I truly believe that Spencer is an arrogant, selfish bigot who gets off on lactating women while wearing a nappy!!
    Spencer is leaving the dream of every man!

OMFG!!!! :laugh:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member

that is mean. :angry:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Good job doesn't not always equal good man.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    I know .. but it is just funny the irony of my choices. It always works this way where I am concerned. Maybe I should just pick the way I would go .. and then do the opposite!

All kidding aside, I would not have my wonderful son right now if I had gone that way and he is worth more than any lawyer or judge.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Perhaps your rejection was devastating. Perhaps he vowed from that moment on to turn his life around, to work hard, to get his law degree, to begin a political career that would eventually, over time, bring him fame and fortune.

And only then return to you and ask again for you to come back to him, to be at his side as he moves from Appellate Judge to Mayor, State Congressman, US Congress, Senate, and finally, with your unwavering support, President. With you as First Lady.

Might be time to give Spencer a call. Tell him he doesn't need to wait any longer. You're ready. :-)

--P
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member

that is mean. :angry:

I am pretty sure Flim said it as a joke but it has me thinking about that attraction to bad boys. In high school, my brother and I both had a girl dump us for some guy who was more "exciting." The girl who did it to me got hooked on drugs. About 5 years after high school, while I was on my way home from a bachelor party, I saw her turning tricks at a gas station across the street from a strip club. The girl who did it to my brother got pregnant by the guy. He barely finished high school, claimed the baby wasn't his, was delinquent on child support and has barely ever held a job.

Meanwhile, my brother and I have good solid jobs, nice homes, travel extensively, go to sporting events regularly, etc. The ego part of me gets a little satisfaction in knowing Karma is a b*tch but in all reality, until I read your response to Flim's post, I hadn't thought of the girl from high school since the day after I saw her at that gas station.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    I am pretty sure Flim said it as a joke but it has me thinking about that attraction to bad boys. In high school, my brother and I both had a girl dump us for some guy who was more "exciting." The girl who did it to me got hooked on drugs. About 5 years after high school, while I was on my way home from a bachelor party, I saw her turning tricks at a gas station across the street from a strip club. The girl who did it to my brother got pregnant by the guy. He barely finished high school, claimed the baby wasn't his, was delinquent on child support and has barely ever held a job.

Meanwhile, my brother and I have good solid jobs, nice homes, travel extensively, go to sporting events regularly, etc. The ego part of me gets a little satisfaction in knowing Karma is a b*tch but in all reality, until I read your response to Flim's post, I hadn't thought of the girl from high school since the day after I saw her at that gas station.

The karma is a ***** component helps ease the pain, but I think every guy would rather the ideal solution of having a healthy relationship with a woman that involves frequent sex, and if things don't work out, leaving on their own terms.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    I believe things happen for a reason and it was not meant to be. You don't know if that's the career path he would have chosen if you two had gotten together and/or married.