I want to lose weight because...

Options
...I want to be able to look more androgynous. I like to dress in an androgynous manner but being heavier makes it far more difficult for my already hour glass shape and larger breasts. I hope to obtain my once thin and lanky form to make myself feel more comfortable and possibly pursue more of a comfortable "fashion" if you will.

Replies

• littlemsmetal
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out which gender I identify best with or if it's no gender at all, so please excuse my lack of clarification on that.
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ...I want to be able to look more androgynous. I like to dress in an androgynous manner but being heavier makes it far more difficult for my already hour glass shape and larger breasts. I hope to obtain my once thin and lanky form to make myself feel more comfortable and possibly pursue more of a comfortable "fashion" if you will.

I hear you there. I identify as agender, although I do tend to fluctuate with how I dress, but I hate my chest - I'm hoping I'll be more androgynous when I lose weight and it won't hurt so bad when I bind. :tongue:
  • littlemsmetal
    Options

I hear you there. I identify as agender, although I do tend to fluctuate with how I dress, but I hate my chest - I'm hoping I'll be more androgynous when I lose weight and it won't hurt so bad when I bind. :tongue:

Right?! I'm dying to get a binder! It just seems the thinner, the least curves, the easier it would be!
  • BrienBear
    BrienBear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to ride roller coasters without the fear of not fitting :(

I have the Disney parks because they apparently make things for teh chubs like me, but Cedar Point, Six Flags, et al don't... And I want my adrenaline rush damnit!
  • Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Heh, I having the opposite problem of lilmsmetal and loliblullama. But, I am dedicated to getting to my goal and dealing with the aftermath.

Brienbear, I have had the same problem. My hope is that at this point it isn't a problem, but I haven't tested it.

As for why I want to lose weight? I don't have a solid reason other then I got tired of being fat. I looked at myself in the mirror and decided enough was not enough. I am in a healthy place now. My main goal of getting my fitness level up is realized. Now it all about sculpting what remains into something I am happy with. Happy with, now there was a once impossible concept and pipe dream of many a night. And now... Well I'll let you all know when summer rolls around.
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have never beem average. I have always been fat. And I want to be healthier
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I want to lose weight. I never feel comfortable stating this, however, because no one understands and yeah, it's a little vain.

But I am so tired of feeling out of place in my body.

I don't like explaining this so I end up telling everyone I'm losing weight to look better in general, but I don't think most people around me realize I would do anything to get rid of my curves so I can be more androgynous. =__=
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    This is exactly why I want to lose weight. I never feel comfortable stating this, however, because no one understands and yeah, it's a little vain.

But I am so tired of feeling out of place in my body.

I don't like explaining this so I end up telling everyone I'm losing weight to look better in general, but I don't think most people around me realize I would do anything to get rid of my curves so I can be more androgynous. =__=

Honestly, aside from MFP, the only person who knows this is my husband and I'm so glad you posted on here and that you understand! :)
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I made a promise to myself that if once I got to my goal weight, I would start trying to get pregnant. I want babies now, but it's the best reward I can give myself once I get healthy again :) My love and I are both striving to be healthier people