WHAT MAKES YOU BINGE OR NOT BINGE?

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF YOU....CONGRATS on completing your food, and excercise diaries....the fact that you are even making this attempt proves that you're already a winner!!

There are some fantastic "BURNS" on your profiles! Go! Go! Go! You guys are doing some serious "calorie butt kicking"!!!

Congratulations to ALL for some very SUPERB efforts!!

Give your self a "hand clap"!! I applaud you for just being you! ((HUGS)) ....AND NOT GIVING UP!

Let's.....Also pay attention to how we choose to spend our time and money.

What do we place the most value on in this world?

Some of us may have to admit we are using food in an addictive, AND DANGEROUS manner......as a drug to soothe our pain, or express some deep core beliefs. Perhaps we feel the need to be in control in order for things to go "smoothly".

For me, this (in the past) would trigger me to go on EXTEREME DIETS....one after another....still finding no satisfaction. Actually I found myself bingeing uncontrollably, then forcing myself to eliminate the food from my body (teenage bulimic).

Sexual abuse, fears, lonliness, rejection, self-rejection, comparing ourselves to others, abandonment, the fear of abandonment, or any toxic emotion can cause us to seek pleasure from drugs, alcohol, sex, and yes...FRIED CHICKEN, CHOCOLATE (must have nuts...LOL), POTATO CHIPS (the whole big bag), AND MY FAVORITE.....BEN & JERRY'S CHUNKIE MONKEY ICE CREAM......FOOD!

So tell me....have you ever wondered what triggers you on a challenging day?

Taking control is a choice to live, and face the deeper roots!!

I FOUND WHEN BURNED THOSE TOXIC EMOTIONAL ROOTS (I HAD TO FORGIVE).....I BEGIN TO BURN TOXIC CALORIES!! .....AND REALLY TAKE CONTROL OF MY LIFE BY EXCERCING MY FAITH. ((HUGS))

WE ARE DOING THIS.....TOGETHER!!

THANKS FOR BEING THERE!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    what makes me not binge is pulling out my photo from 1996 when I weighed 300 pounds. seeing that picture motivates me not to go back to that girl. strengthens my determination not to go back to that girl.

the only trigger challenge that would make me binge is people teasing me and cutting me down. that aggrivates me and drives me to eat.

my determination to leave the fat girl in the dust outweighs my trigger point.
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    i dont think i use food as a comfort as it gives me alot of pain but i do crave food i know will hurt!

when i crave food like that i look at my pics and think do you want to be 3 stone heavier then you already are? and i also grab my neice who is 3 stone and hold her and carry her round for a while and it kills me and i DO NOT WANT TO GAIN MORE so this motivates me to carry on with the plan be it slow and steady.
  • charly39
    charly39 Posts: 11
    Options
    I think for me I ate when I was stressed. I was also a smoker and have just recently given that up. It's funny because I love different foods. If you look at my diary you will see that I exercise so that I can indulge. Only now I wont eat the whole thing. Just little parts.
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    I think about how far i've come - and how far I have to go.
    Then I think how temporary the pleasure of eating something I shouldn't eat is.
    Later, I will have forgotten what the taste was like - so I might as well not do it.

(:
  • JDsons
    JDsons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What has helped me not to over eat/binge is questioning my self as I'm thinking of eating! Am I really hungry? When was the last time I ate ? Am I thirsty? I read that a lot of times people confuse thirst for hunger. So I'll drink some water before eating, wait a few minutes & see if I'm satisfied.
  • Iwannabealoser
    Options
    What makes me binge? Mostly... Boredom. When I don't have something specific to do, I hover in the kitchen going thru cupboards. Grr. A terrible habit I am trying hard to break.

What makes me NOT binge? MFP! Having to look at the calories I'm consuming on a daily basis by hovering in the kitchen has REALLY made me rethink my habits. Each time I pick something up now, I'm looking at the calorie/fat/carb content and asking myself if I want to look at it in MFP for the rest of the day. If the answer is no, I put it back down and grab a piece of fruit or some water. :)
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I crave wine when I am stressed, or very tired when I come home from work.
    Quiet often it is more mental tiredness.
    It is very easy to resume to yoour bad habit once you fall off the wagon, and tell yourself you resume it Monday, and then it becomes the following Monday, next month etc
    Every day I go to success stories here to see people like me loosing and mainting anywhere from 10-100 lbs, and it makes me stay away from sweets. I stopped buying chocolate about two weeks ago. I prep myself to behave all day
    Last weekend I logged every drink I had. Well, $10 per drink is a little too expensive to have a whole bunch, plus the possibilty of getting DUI is not very appealing either.
    All I can say, I hope I last
  • knuckleswife
    knuckleswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Stress makes me over eat everytime, it could be from something going on in life but even someone's negative comment about my size will send me there too. When I am happy I never think about food till i'm just about starving. When I see pics of me when I was 375lbs. I cannot believe it is the same person. I never want to be back there but when I was in the last marriage (stressed out all the time) I got back to 322lbs. something I said I would never do, but I did. Since i ended that marriage I have lost 50lbs. in the past year and have married a man that has made me so happy and my relationship is virtually stress free. I smile every day, who could ask for more.

Thank you for these topics savedchild8. These have given me a chance really look at where I've been, where I'm at and where I'm headed. I HAVE lost 50lbs. in a year, that's real accomplishment. I AM doing something for myself. This is the first time I really stopped to tell myself "good job!"
  • savedchild8
    savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT IS ALWAYS NEEDED !!!
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I binge when I am stressed or upset. I tend to eat my feelings.
    What makes me not want to pig out are fitness motivation photos on Pinterest and reading my Bible. It tends to make me feel guilty about all the junk I eat.
    I just purchased a study Bible and I love it! It is a NIV so it easy for me to understand. I was reading a more "traditional" Bible and it was challenging to understand Old English language.