What's your plan?

Options
I'm going to lose 10lbs by Christmas by:

* Sticking to a meal plan that let's me have food I enjoy and that is good for me and keeps me full. I've woked this out as it keeps my blood sugar steady and stops me "needing" mountains of pasta/bread/chocolate!

* Drinking two litres of water every day. Spaced throughout the day rather than all in the evening!

* Taking my dog for a long walk every day. A slow to moderate pace but I'll incorporate some hill walking.

* Doing 2 gym classes a week. I'm trying Body Combat and Body Pump this week.

* Never doing nothing! Squats while waiting for the bath to run/kettle to boil. Pelvic floor exercises while watching TV. etc.

*Thinking positive! I've done really well so far. I've set myself realistic goals and I know I'm capable of meeting them.

* Spa treatments! Body brushing/ good exfoliation/ nourishing hair and skin masks etc.

AN EXAMPLE FROM MY MEAL PLAN:
Breakfast - 2 Poached eggs on 2 toast
Morning Snack - Satsuma and small handful almonds.
Lunch - CupaSoup and 2 slices of seeded bread.
Afternoon Snack - Fat free yogurt and banana
Dinner - Homemade curry (quorn, passata, garlic, onion, tumeric, herbs, chilli flakes, curry powder) & small handful of brown rice.
Evening snack - Sugar-free jelly or Options hot chocolate.

So... what's your plan?

Replies

• momtokx2
    momtokx2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose 10lbs by Christmas by....

-maintaining a health diet and including more veggies
    -step up my running and really work at adding cross training twice a week
    -if I have a slip up I am not going to beat myself up and fall off the wagon

Here is to getting back to my goal weight and staying there this time :)
  • dusk77
    dusk77 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow BrightonBelle that is a great plan.

I am currently in the middle of the 30DS, I plan to complete this and repeat it again, also mixing in zumba, Tae Bo, walking, wii fit and swimming. Food wise I am basically cutting out any junk including my biggest downfall crisps.

Good Luck everyone :drinker:
  • BrightonBelle
    BrightonBelle Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dusk. You sound very active! I've been looking at the 30DS for a while. WIll be very interested to hear how you get on with it! Best of luck :happy:
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I plan to lose my 10lbs by:

1) Recommitting to a healthy diet and looking at the quality of food that I am eating rather than just the calories

2) Working out 4 days a week - A mix of insanity workouts and other home workout dvds

3) Trying to eat and drink more sensibly at social occasions

4) Learning how to say no again to thinks that I crave on the spurt of the moment but regret later

5) Allowing one small treat a day rather than a whole day worth of treats

- These are the things that helped me in the past before I fell off the wagon and they will help me again!
  • fabby58
    fabby58 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As well as my normal classes during the week (Bobypump, zumba as well as a PT Sess) I am doing the 30DS for nov to give me a boost. And I have started protein shakes last week which so far so good. All will tell on the weigh in!
    I am off the booze for a couple of weeks but it will all go to pot in dec but will try and stick to the vodka soda limes!
  • melandjake99
    Options
    I'm planning to lose 10 lbs by

Going to two zumba classes a week
    Walking every day at least 30 minutes
    Calorie counting and religiously filling in my diary
    If going out for a meal only allowing 1/2 glass of wine and a healthy starter and main course with lots of Veg
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Soooo excited for this group!!

My plan to lose 10 pounds by Christmas is:

Working out 5 days a week
    Starting the Couch to 5K program with my Mom
    Incorporating more veggies into my diet
    Drink 100oz of water a day
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose 10lbs (or more!) by Christmas by:

* Sticking to my Dukan diet plan and not cheating!

* Drinking 2 litres of water every day

* Going to the gym at least twice a week

* Walking for 30 mins every day

* Have the lights off for bed by 12 every night

* Get up before 10 every morning

Let's do this! :)
  • Jose2828
    Options
    My format was changed by MFP, so will have to repost.
  • chelseadawnboocks
    Options
    Joining a bit late, but here's my plan to lose 10lbs by Christmas.

-Drink at least 1.5L of water a day
    -Set aside calories for one treat a day rather than treating myself all day
    -Exercise at least 3x a week
  • choochoomummy
    Options
    My plan
    - Actually filling in my food diary as I fell off the wagon there for a while
    - Less booze
    - Cycle the longer way to work and home most days
    - Try the Hasfit 30 day fitness plan to see if I can blitz the bulge.
    - Not have to wear any big knickers to the Christmas party :-)
    - Stop with the I deserve a treat thinking and start with the I deserve to be fit and look good thinking
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose 10lbs by Christmas by:
    -drinking at least 8 cups of water a day (this is tough for me)
    -going to the gym for at least one hour, a minimum of 3 times a week
    -adding in an extra 30 minute walk at lunch time (I already walk to and from work, about 45 mins total)
    -adding in a green smoothie every day and more fruits and veggies
    -NO middle of the night snacks!!! (A terrible habit I've had for as long as I can remember, eating at 3am, always bad stuff)

GOAL: lose 10lbs by Christmas, no more belly overhang and double chin, feel awesome in my bathing suit for our New Years trip!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What I plan on doing:

I'm a huge sweet/chocolate junkie so I've been allowing myself one rice crispie square a day - 114 cals, gets me my sweetie fix and I don't want to eat anything else junk wise afterwards. I normally have this between lunch and dinner :) Otherwise I WILL binge and be at the chocolate, mince pies, cakes etc and I really want to avoid falling into that. I'm rubbish at self control with sweet things.

Exercise wise I finally start physiotherapy today (been waiting since my accident in August) so I can finally check with a professional what exercise will be suitable for me with my injury so I can't really plan for that yet. The minimum I want is to be able to start walking again soon.

I usually get my 8 glasses of water no problem - I don't drink juice at all and we don't have fizzy drinks here so water is my old drinking option :)

Im seeing my mum and dad for the first time since Easter and I want them to see some change in me, even if its just in my habits.
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My plan:

1. Start weight training even if body weight and continue to do Turbofire
    2. Walk every lunchtime for an hour
    3. Eat sensibly and within my calorie means
    4. include veggies at dinner time
    5. Treat myself on a Friday to a Tamatanga curry mmmmmmm

Example Day:

Breakfast: Mini wrap filled with either a boiled egg or cheese slice/salad. Cup of tea/1 sweetener/skim milk
    Mid Morning cup of tea
    Lunch: Normal Wrap, salad, veggie meat, hummus, walkers Sunbite crisps with a cold drink and my lunch 1 hour walk
    Afternoon Snack: Tea and chocolate like a mini time out bar
    Pre walk home snack if I want it: A cold drink, mini babybell and mini pepperami meat
    Dinner: Something warm but could vary from steamed veggies/meat/steamed potatoe/gravy or rice/chicken/soy sauce or Baked potato/beans/tuna/ cheese, beans on toast or stew are the week day meals

Friends requests are welcome and you can see my diary I would appreciate any pointers. Laura x
  • emilysmellz
    emilysmellz Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My plan:
    - stay away from the cookies at work. they're mean.
    - keep on chugging down the water!
    - start 30DS,yoga or find a zumba class and STICK WITH IT.
    -working on my arms, getting rid of the flibbly flab!

good luck everybody, we can all do this!

feel free to add me, always looking for support!!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My plan is to stick to my MFP alotments for each day, drink more water, and try to add at least 3 days of exercise per week. We can do this!
  • pennylaner
    Options
    - Try to drink more water at work
    - Monitor calories closely during day to allow for the more eating that inevitably happens at night
    - Herbal tea in the evening to cut binge cravings
    - Walking for 30 or more minutes in the morning and evening to farther-away subway stops (instead of the one 3 blocks from my house!)
    - Doctor's orders I am going gluten-free for 2 weeks and then lactose-free for 2 - hopefully this will encourage me to fill the gaps with veggies & healthy whole foods
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi I weighed in today and put it on the spread sheet I thought weigh ins were fridays? doesnt matter, anyway my plan continue SBD p2, finish couch to 5 k onto 2 week now :) get back to gym and do some weight traniing (had an operation so I have had some time out.) Good luck everyone :) Lets smash those fat cells :happy:
  • downsize21
    downsize21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    everyone's plans sound great!!! :smile:

I have just started a 4 week gym pass and plan to get to 3 classes a week (body pump, RPM & body combat) and any extra workout time is a bonus!!

also try and get out and walk for 30mins each lunchbreak as the extra exercise will help me be able to have some extra calories to use so I dont binge..

Good luck everyone for reaching your goals - I am in a wedding in Feb and then in April so extra motivation to not put weight on over the break!! :happy:
  • brandiseagroves
    brandiseagroves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing 10 pounds by doing the following:

1. being positive and believing in myself!!
    2. Maintaining a healthy diet, I try to eat between 1200-1500 calories per day
    3. Exercise DAILY. My 7 year old son and I hit the gym every evening and rotate between the treadmill and the elliptical. My goal
    is 30 minutes of each...which typically allows me to burn around 450-500 calories...and he walks right beside me (awesome kid)
    4. DRINK water...this is a habit I truly need to develop ASAP.
    5. Enjoy life, I try to do fun, active things...we go hiking, ziplining, museams...places we can move around.
    6. Eat foods I enjoy, but not go insane with the amounts....if I over indulge, I will pay for it at the gym (which I don't mind)
    7. Set a good example for my wonderful son...he really enjoys the more active lifestyle and I want to encourage that
    8. Take Vitamins
    9. Make a list of things I have never done before...that I want to do now that i have lost weight....
    10. Meet my final goal of being "normal" I have gone from Morbidly Obese to Obese to Overweight...so next stop..Normal

average day

breakfast- coffee, protein shake or bar
    lunch- soup and fruit, or tuna, or subway (they will scoop the bread!)
    dinner- we seem to eat a lot of chicken :), fish, veggies...salad...
    Snacks- fruit, coffee, greek yogurt....I am a cracker addict.....
    Vitamins daily....

If I go out to eat, I tend to get whatever I want....but not eat it all. I don't eat anything white...so no potatoes, no white bread...no white rice.....