Bonus 20 points.....

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hello! Everyone! For a Bonus 20 points,,,,

Write a paragraph about what you feel has held you back in previous weight loss attempts or what has been challenging you this time around?

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, good idea! Make us examine our issues!

So, I have ALWAYS been overweight. I was a "husky" size in elementary school. I was chubby in jr. high. I was plus size in high school and college.
    In 1984 I had one of the first weight loss surgeries. I lost a lot of weight, and got down to 175 pounds. Then I had 2 children, started slowly but surely to put on the weight.

Why do I gain? I LOVE to eat. I love to eat for comfort, from boredom, when I am happy and when I am sad. And I like food that is high in fat ----cheese, butter, bread, chips, potatoes. Sigh...........

Why is it hard to lose weight? I am an emotional eater---for ALL emotions. I tell myself that other folks eat mashed potatos and don't get fat, so why can't I?

I am in absolute denial on how much I can eat. I will eat small amounts all day long and think that I am not eating that much.

I hate exercise! It hurts and take a lot of time. I would rather watch a movie or read a book.

So what can I do to change? I need to be VERY aware of what I eat, and how many calories are in it! Tracking is a must. I will probably ALWAYS have to do it.
    I need to find a way to exercise that I like. I DO like to dance and swim...so finding ways to do that will be crucial. I also like to walk, and look forward to a time that I can go on 3 mile walks again without knee pain.

Awareness---that is the key for me!
  • dee_bee
    Options
    I've not been bought up with exercise as a part of life. I had never tried to lose weight before, so for me, it is about balance and being able to still enjoy meals out with my husband (we've been married 18 months) and not feel like I'm missing out.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    People successfully lose weight all of the time. I am CONSTANTLY losing the same 30lbs because I am an emotional eater. I know I shouldn't eat fried food, sweets and other empty calories but I am constantly swinging back around to the food that tastes good. It makes me feel better. At least until I realize that I messed up my eating again. I have to figure out how to untangle myself emotionally from food. If/When I figure that out I will truly be set free. I am no good at moderation. I struggle with the all or nothing mentality. I don't hate working out I just don't do it as much or as often as I could. Truth time? I must not value myself very much to struggle so badly to take care of myself. I cringe when I hear it because I know it doesn't sound good but there's some truth to it.

The good news is that I am staging a comeback! I am under construction -- being rebooted!

We can do this! :smile:
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @ Im feeling back on track,,my first grandchild (a girl|* is due in three weeks,,,I want to be healthy to play with her and do all the fun gramma things!!!!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @ Im feeling back on track,,my first grandchild (a girl|* is due in three weeks,,,I want to be healthy to play with her and do all the fun gramma things!!!!

I just had MY first grandchild, a girl, in April---I really never thought I would be one of THOSE grandmas----all fawning over a baby and stuff, but I am! you will love it!
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I cant wait Alana,.,.....counting the days now..