Friday Challenge

Options
Who do you love?? (or really, really, really like??) The people we spend the most time with influence our decisions in BIG ways! Are they joining you on your journey to better health? Have they achieved their goals and are now helping to support you in yours? Are they living an unhealthy lifestyle and causing you to struggle here or there?

Today's challenge is all about you influencing them! You've got all day to do something healthy together. You could go for a walk, eat a healthy dinner, plan ahead for the upcoming week's meals...whatever you want to do!

Tell us all about your friend/loved one and then tell us what you do together for this challenge!

(I'm excited about this challenge b/c I've been changing my profile picture to show me doing that days' challenge....with this one I get to show off my hottie husband!!) ;-)

Replies

• stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I have many people I love in my life, and it just so happens I'll be going dancing on Friday with some friends, so I guess this was an easy challenge to fulfill! :-) Score!
  • wretchall
    wretchall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My better half is in school and isn't really available to work out with me, walk with me, or doing anything exercise related...so I started looking on line for some hiking/adventure clubs in the area I live in. Big time score - I found some hiking clubs that go out every Saturday morning and when the snow flies, they snowshoe throughout the winter. I have been out on two hikes already (the first was an 8 miler - the 2nd a 6 miler) and found that the majority of them are in my age group. so I'm encouraged that I will have the drive and support to continue to do something I love, despite the fact that my life partner won't be doing it with me.

My Friday night challenge is to get all my leaves raked in my 1/2 acre yard.
  • nursy14
    nursy14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hmmm this is a little more difficult i will see if my daughter can drive up here today and we can walk if not sometime we stay on the phone with each other as both of us walk
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge!

My hubs has been really supportive... He's actually been running with me all along (minus the last month or so due to injury). When he can't run with me, he's really good about encouraging me to get out the door... last night we went and ran on the indoor track at our rec center. Tonight, depending on what time he gets out of work, we'll be running again! He's definitely a keeper!
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow- met this challenge before I knew it was happening :) I love love love my husband Bret. I'be been talking about getting to the gym in the morning and this morning we happened to both be awake a little before six- he nudged me right out of bed with a little "Hey- do you want to go to the gym this morning?" Why no, no I don't, but since you mentioned it, I will go anyway! So I did!

AND he wrangled our 3 year old daughter all morning while I was gone, and got her ready for the day, and took her to school! Granted, dressed her in her Chicago Bears jersey, accesorized with full on Chicago Bears blue and orange, but still...she had clothes on so I call that a win :)

For the future, I think we'll work together to get to bed earlier so that I can get up and go work out.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    well my best friend at work (whom i also have a crush on) has just joined the site not 5 minutes ago. she sees me on the website everyday and using the app and i think she just decided she was gunna join and im super excited about that. also i have another friend who has expressed interest in doing a training regimine over the winter. we both play baseball together and want to get better.
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends!!! I'm excited about this challenge because I LOVE working out and being active with my sweet little family! I'd like to tell you a little about them - My husband, Josh, has been my best friend since we met in 10th grade. One night our senior year he kissed me and my heart has been his ever since! :-) We have a 6 year old boy, Silas - a 4 year old boy, Elisha - and a 1 year old girl, Lorie. I can't imagine life without them! They make life so full and wonderful! (even when they are not being the sweet angels that I know live in their bodies....some where!) Ha!

Here's todays plan: I already got my workout on this AM at a spin class. (woot woot!) My son has early dismissal today so I'm taking off work early, picking up my pre-schooler and then picking up my 1st grader. Then, we're going to head to the gym and do some swimming! They're in swim lessons right now, so we're going to spend some time working on their strokes and then we're going to play!! THEN, the hubs and I have a date night tonight! Our church is sponsering a night out for parents and we're going to take advantage! It's supposed to be super nice here today, so I think we're going to take a nice walk with the puppy and then....hmmmm....what could we possibly do that could burn a few calories....hmmmmm... :-)

Have a GREAT Friday everyone!!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! My husband is a runner (has been for as long as I've known him) so he is great motivation to get out there and run with him. He is so supportive and doesn't even mind that he has to slow WAAAAAY down when we run together. I always apologize for making him have to run so much slower and his response is always "I don't mind; I just love getting to run with you." Such a sweetie! Because of him I've worked up to being able to run a 5k without stopping - the Color Run in KC this past summer. :) Now that the Turkey Trot 5k is coming, I need to work a little harder, ha ha! He tore his quadricep in two places and the tendon that attaches it to the bone (playing kickball!!!) so I stopped running there for awhile when he was healing. Now that's healed again, time to get back in gear and try to work back up to that distance before this 5k in two weeks! :) Sooo....long story short, we will be running together tonight so we (*I*) don't die when we do the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. :)
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I so wish I could get my dear hubby to workout with me - he needs it far more than I do! I haven't change his mindset, YET, about exercising and making healthier food choices. Because he is getting a late start at work this morning due to a dr appt he will be working late tonight and I have a pers training session so we won't get any activity in together today. BUT, I hope I can get him to help me clean up the yard tomorrow - it sounds like it is going to be a beautiful day.

Enjoy time with your loved ones, friends!!!
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well I have alot of people I love in my life. I have to say I wish my hubby was more supportive and wish they guys at work would stop thinking it's funny to bring me candy:( So I have to say my 2 year old is my healthy buddy....He never says anything about what I make for dinner (although I do sometimes make us different stuff) and he loves to workout with me. I do have to say I am very thankful for all the great people on here:)
  • housewivve
    Options
    Well my DH and I walk together every night so we'll be doing that tonight! But I also think I'm going to make him some healthy chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and since I always make too much he'll be able to take that to lunch a few days a week this week and next instead of eating out. :) (He's trying to lose weight/get healthy as well)
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    im so ready to hit the gym today!!