I FINISHED WEEK 9!!!!!!!!!

Options
I did, I did!!
Bright and early this morning, I started my run at 6:00am. I jogged...not fast...I'm sure I could have walked faster than I jogged...but I jogged. The voice on the app came on and said "You're done! Walk" (for the 5 minute cooldown), but I kept running. I ran 3.25 miles in 50 minutes. Definitely not the 10min/mile, but good enough in my book.

I freakin' did it. 60 seconds straight of running was tough when I started, and I ran for 50 full minutes this morning!

To say that I'm high, and proud of myself is a serious understatement.

First 5K is in 12 days.

Woot! Woot!!

If I can do this, ANYONE can!
So, if you're just starting out....keep at it. It's so worthwhile!!

Happy Tuesday!

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    WOO HOOO!!!!!

snoopydance.gif

It's an awesome feeling isn't it?? Just compare to how you felt back on week 1 day 1. :wink:
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congrats. What in inspiration. I'm starting Week 3 tomorrow and looking ahead the next couple of weeks and freaking out. But you are proof that it can be done. I needed to hear that, so Thank you.

Excellent job, well done!!
  • 78nSunny
    78nSunny Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!! That is a great accomplishment and no one can ever take it away from you. Remember just because your done there are a lot of us "little folks" that need your encouragement still !!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Awesome accomplishment - doesn't it feel awesome?? I was like you - running 60 seconds was tough when I started c25k, but that program works!

Well done - have a blast at your race in 12 days!! :drinker:
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    That's so awesome, congratulations! It's so amazing to see how far we all come from that first week. This program is great.

What will you do next? :-)
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Such a great feeling! :)
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congrats. I am on week 2 for the 3rd week in a row. I got the flu and had to start over. So- you give me hope. It can be done.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Thank you all!

For those of you in the middle of this journey, or starting it out....STAY with it!!
  • lazieats
    lazieats Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I am so excited to hear this! Way to go!! You're pretty dang awesome!!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! It's an incredible feeling isn't it? I hope you do great at your race!

On a side note. Thank you for the encouragement you provide to me! I truly appreciate it!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DANCE !!!!!
    Congrats ... that is just fantastic.
    I am a slow jogger too.... I call it a "woggle"... somewhere between a walk and a a jog.
    I am in week 8 and struggle to go the whole 28 minutes. So repeating the days.
    I am doing a 5K again this weekend and will walk some of it.

YUP... keep going everyone !!!

Congrats once again... now put your feet up and relax !!
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wasn't around yesterday so I missed this post!!!! Major Congrats!!!! That is fantastic! I knew you could do it!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Very big victory. Go take a victory lap!
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I can't wait to graduate. It doesn't matter if you do it in under a 10min mile as long as your moving! :)
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Good for you!

What did Week 9 have you do? My program only goes up to Week 8; the last day is 5 minute walk, 30 minute run, 5 minute walk.