Hungry in the Evenings

Options
I feel completely fine and satisfied during the day. However, once I get home I am so hungry. It seems like nothing satisfies my hunger either. I can eat a good 500+ cal dinner and still feel hungry. This is usually when I will reach for nuts or spoonfuls of almond butter, ect. So, not terrible choices but certainly calorie heavy ones.

I know many following Paleo/Primal will say not to count calories or worry about macros but that doesn't work for me. I too easily start gaining weight. I know through metabolic testing that my TDEE is aprox 1650. Feel free to take a look at my diary. Is there anything that I could do differently that might help with my feelings of hunger?

I appreciate all feedback.

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I cannot see your diary, but I am the same way, I have found it's better to save those snacky cals for the evening. But I also reach out for low cal snacks, like oranges, hard boiled eggs, berries, or maybe just a glass of almond milk..
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Unlocked. Thanks for the reply.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    You might want to have a good bit more veggies - like brocolli and carrots - handy for snacks. Except eat them raw. Sound weird? Yes, we'll, it is. But they'll fill you up - trust me on that.

I find I can't eat anything after dinner on most nights, else I'll end up eating EVERYTHING. ;D So I think I'll also recommend you increase the volume of your dinner.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think that your meats are too lean. Try fattier chicken cuts, braised beef cuts like chuck, 75% ground beef instead of 90. I find that eating lean cuts of meat makes me ravenous, even if I am eating enough fat in the form of dairy.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Cut the dairy during the day and save it for supper time. It's a quick fix from my prospective on your food diary.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    These are all great suggestions. Thank you! I appreciate the input.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I keep frozen berries in my freezer so if I want to snack it is like a dessert without very many calories + lots of good nutrients.

I have been in love with Bengal Spice tea by Celestial seasonings lately - it is caffine free but it has a nice spice bite to it - I add a bit of coconut milk or half and half to it as well (since it is a darker tea it can hold up to a bit of added creaminess - something fruit teas can't really do IMO) - slowly sipping that fills me up and takes away a bit of the sweet cravings
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Berries drizzled with sunflower butter is my go to night snack. Hits my sweet tooth and the fat fills my belly. Before I dxed dairy, I would have greek yogurt with berries which worked similarly.