dumb newbie question!

Options
hey, I've literally only just started this programme; it was my second session today, and I just wondered if it matters that I didn't do as well today as I did on Wednesday when I first started (didn't run as far and slower pace). Should I repeat this session or just go to session 3?

Any advice or tips gratefully received!! :)

Replies

• Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would keep on going. Some days will be better and some days you'll be slow and that is totally ok. Most people will repeat a week if they really feel they could do better, or if they skip a day, were sick, etc. I would say finish off the 3 day of week 1 and see how you feel about your progress. Good luck!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. I did the programme summer 2011 and I would only repeat a day if I didn't get even close to running for the length of time I should have done... Some people do C25K and if they don't feel absolutely ready to tackle the next week they'll just repeat a week...but if I'd done that I would still be working up to week 4 now!
    I didn't run at all when I started, and I did my second half-marathon last Sunday - so it works!
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    Lots of posts on here encourage you to run as slowly as you possibly can whilst still maintaining a running movement. The speed will come later. There may be all sorts of reasons why you found the second session harder: tiredness, TOM, time of day, when you last ate etc etc. I would press on and keep progressing until you can't do what the session asks for and only then repeat. I have got to W4D1 without repeating any session and although some of them were challenging I haven't backed off going up a level. Sometimes I preempt the next week by extending the final run of the previous week by enough to match the next challenge up as it gives me confidence to embrace the next week.

Good luck with your regime!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Even when you complete C25K and just do regular runs, you'll have days that are slower (or faster!) than usual, just like any other workout. Like Sue said, there are a lot of factors that can play into it. We're humans, not robots. Don't worry about it, just keep moving! :)
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    thanks guys! Maybe time of day is a factor too coz I'm starting to notice I'm more motivated first thing in a morning...
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Ditto to all the above.

Time of day really makes a difference for me. Dramatic difference. During the program, I tried to keep the runs at the same time of day (my best time) which is early in the morning. I also went for time, rather than distance. Figured it was better for me to actually finish the program than let myself feel defeated by an inability to be 'fast'.

Do what you're comfortable and happy with...just keep doing it. :)