Tummy Tip...

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined this group. The idea of holding your tummy in while walking is really a good workout for your tummy; I call it the belly button to spine hold. Thanks for the tips
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am sitting at my desk doing it... holding in my stomach.. and it is really hard to do for long periods of time. But I did notice that it forces you to sit up straighter, which is great for your core anyway! Plus you look thinner :)

Thanks!
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am sitting at my desk doing it... holding in my stomach.. and it is really hard to do for long periods of time. But I did notice that it forces you to sit up straighter, which is great for your core anyway! Plus you look thinner :)

Thanks!

Doing the same thing!! haha

Lost the weight, but the loose skin that hasn't firmed back up yet makes me look like I have a pooch when I'm sitting, so I tend to do this all the time.... haha
  • fairyh07
    fairyh07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jod

Heather :happy:
  • mackenzie1111
    Options
    Great tip Thank you.:smile:
  • Ryann_Pummill
    Ryann_Pummill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Suck your tummy in, or try flexing, it will pull the muscles in. You want to feel your muscles moving in your abdomen, that's how you know you're tucking in.
  • bernsgb
    bernsgb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been doing that.
  • lindasuewashington
    Options
    Good tip, I try to remind myself through the day. Suck it in !!!
  • simplicity2005
    Options
    ooooo i like it..i like it.....esp as my one of my chief goals is to lose my big fat flappy tummy from post pregnancy...it must weigh 2-4 pounds all by itself...really brings me down....and your tip can just lighten my day....im in
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The tummy tip I believe is another way to get people to not bend their back while in an exercise position. You always want to keep your back straight
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do this whenever I remember even when just sitting on the lounge or at my desk - just to remember more often thanks for the timely reminder
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Even after having a tummy tuck I still do this. When the ps cleared me I started and he said it would help define and strengthen even more.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    such your tummy in all the time!! It makes you look slimmer and eventually you will get used to to it!! Just pretend your having your foto taken lol!! suck it in and it will improve your posture too! great tip thanks for reminding me!
  • blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Desk chair crunches: tilt your hips and shoulders slightly forward and tuck your belly button back Do as many as you can through out the day!
  • Ladylouwolf
    Ladylouwolf Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips!!! Sucking it in, lol
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've been sucking it in for years. My yoga instructor tells us when we walk to imagine a string in the middle of our heads pulling us up tall. Square our shoulders and belly to spine. It makes for perfect posture and a nice flat looking tummy.