Welcome to the Groupl!

Options
Feel free to announce yourself here! No pressure ;-)

Replies

• mjlacsina
    Options
    hi! newbie here! hoping to lose weight soon! hahaha

have a great day ahead mommies!
  • lmkp33
    lmkp33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! Mom of two and new to MFP. Just wondering how many times you exercise per week? I'm trying to fit in 3-4 times per week, but it's hard. Do you set a certain time of the day as your workout time, or do you fit it in whenever you can during the day?
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I am a married mom with 4 kids ages 8, 5, 2 and 4 months. I work part time and I don't know how I do it but I seem to always manage to workout for about an hour 6 days a week. Ill tell you one thing it gets really stressful. I am really excited about this group and I hope to meet all you lovely ladies and be able to share our crazy stories together. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MFP, and new to this group! I am a 29 year olf mother of 2. I work full time and come home to cook for my kids and hubby, clean up and homework, bath time...bla bla bla you know how it goes. Tellme anyone, how do you fit in the time to work out!!!!! By the time the kids are in bed, my brian is on autopilot, jsut want to sit in front of the tv and fall asleep to it!!
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 22. Mother of just 1 2 1/2 year old rascal. I work part time and am a full time student been on mfp almost a month and love it. I generally workout everyday for about 1-1.5 hrs. Not easy but I'm slowly getting more energy the longer I'm at it. I've tried to free time by doing things I'd normally do when babies asleep while he's awake and involving him. Feel free to add me :))
  • Kmserfling
    Options
    Hey all, my name is Katrina and I'm new to MFP as well :) I have a 6 month old that I am breastfeeding right now and I can never figure out time to exercise! Now I'm finally working it in at nights; however that means less time with my husband. Anyway, my week looks like this:

Monday: Work - Workout around 7:45pm-8:30pm
    Tuesday: Work - relax
    Wednesday: Work late - no workout
    Thursday: Husband works late - no workout
    Friday: Work - Workout at night
    Saturday: Workout
    Sunday : Workout

The food is my real trouble right now, to be honest. If I want something I don't deny myself because I feel like I deserve it for working so hard the rest of my life. That thought process is not helpful in the least. Hopefully being a part of this group can help me on my way to losing the weight.

Right now I'm 195-197 and working towards 150.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hello all, My name is Tanya, I am 37 years old married for almost 14 years and mother to 3 teenagers, Girl (17, and graduating high school this year), Girl (15) and a Boy (13). I am a stay at home wife/mother. Thinking about getting back into the work force so that's why I am losing weight and getting healthier so I can feel good about myself.
  • kellysawyers
    kellysawyers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all, My name is Kelly. I'm a 32 year-old mother of a 3 1/2 year old. I am trying to lose weight to be healthier for him, but I also want to look good. I work full time, and my husband is supportive of my efforts, but he is tall and thin and has never struggled with weight a day in his life. It's nice to have other people who GET IT. lol. My goal was to lose at least 40 pounds. I have lost 11, but I have been at a plateau for the last month. I do pretty well with my diet, but I have been so lazy about exercising! I'm ready to do this and get the rest of the weight off!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Its nice to see such a great group forming!
    My name is Dawn and I am the mother of an almost 2 year old and a 9 week old. I'm currently on maternity leave and will be going back to work in January. I want to get some healthy habits established before then, so that I am in the groove and can hopefully continue my weight loss once my life gets super busy again.

I look forward to sharing our stories, successes and struggles!
  • KaththeaB
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am 29 years old and mother of 4 awesome boys (10, 8, 5, 2). I work full time in a hospital communications center. When I'm not busy I like to... wait, I'm always busy!

What do you do to add extra workouts and healthy habits in your day?

I've been on MFP for a couple weeks and really love seeing everyone's success.
  • straub74
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am also new to MFP (so far so good!) Tried WW and lost weight but got tired of counting points and paying for everything! I am a mother of 2 active boys (ages 4 and 7), I work full time as a nurse in a hospital and I am also trying to figure out how to fit in exercise with all of my daily tasks! Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say and having many shoulders to lean on when the going gets tough!!:happy:
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 36 and married and have a 1yo son and 3yo daughter. I just recently went from full time to part time at my job in business services in a hospital. Decreasing my hours has been great because I am getting to spend more time with the kids and have been able to carve out a little me time for walking. Some days are just hard though and its great to find support and motivation on here. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have lost 16lbs and haveabout 45-50 more to go
  • CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am an older mother of three, 1 boy 19 and 2 girls 8 and 6. I am blessed to have 3 children, although I look younger than my age people still ask if the girls are my grandchildren.

I work full time at a hotel and recently a wellness program was started at work. I told my husband I would be late home as I'm going to the exercise class at work. He said "Well what time are you coming home, the children already say you come home too late." I asked " Am I not supposed to take time to do something for myself." Lucky for him he correctly answered "Yes."

Being a mom is hard work especially being an older mom, so when you get the chance to do something for yourself, grab it!
  • Tiffdraw
    Tiffdraw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a mom of two. My son is 6 and my daughter is 4. Over the last year I have really developed some really bad/unhealthy habits resulting in weight gain of course. I have alot of work ahead of me but I'm not sure about the numbers going down on the scale. I want a healthy life and healthy habits. I want to feel good about how I look in my clothes and how I actually feel!
    I joined a gym about 3 weeks ago. I've been going at least 3 times a week since I joined.
    CW 157.5
    Goal 130
  • mom4ia
    Options
    Welcome to the group everyone!!! Feel free to add me here as well!! Again, thanks for joining the group!!!
  • kingzwoman
    kingzwoman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hola "Hello", Im a 32 yr old married mother with children in ages of 17, 12, 10. I work full time and also have 2 home based businesses I try to do more in. For starters lets get it all out there, Being a Mom is a full time job all by itself. Then putting a job outside of the home is overwhelming at times. Then being a wife, " to a great man" is also just like saying :My cup runneth over, BIG TIME" then of course my awesome babies are always on the go. So that means guess what ... Mom is like a unpaid taxi driver that is so happy for all their accomplishments but in need of a date night to my self. NOW... breathe... ladies...
    Ok, in summary, A womans job is never done.. but Im not complaining cause I am lovin my life.
    Yes, I also need someone to be accountable to with my food intake and exercise cause obviously I havent been taking care of me.
    It is time, to be free, the question is : Am I ready for the challenge. Answer: I believe so, just in need of a encouraging word for me sometimes. Giving and giving all the time and not taking time to think what is best for self is not always good.I should of figured this out about 175 pds ago.... Still Alive, Still Thriving, Am Willing!
  • berdoochick
    berdoochick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've only been on MFP for a little over a month now. Need a group to help keep up on workouts for when there's time. :) I've been married for almost 5 years and have 3 toddler girls running around. Feel free to add me or message me.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Robin , I am a mother of 3 girls ages 18,13, 6... the last one was a last ditch effort for a boy. No such luck. After having my babies my gram passed and it was time for me to be healthier for my girls or I would suffer the same ailments as she did. I lost 70 lbs and I was feeling great never been 160 in my life the scale would not move I got frustrated and burnt out. I fell off the wagon so to speak and now a year later and 15 lbs heaver. I am here to try to get back on track. I have started a core class at the gym and try to do 30 min of cardo a day... and mfp says I should be at aprox 1500 cal a day... I need support as you all know with children life gets in the way. Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only been on MFP for about 2 weeks now and am hoping to lose around 38kg (which is around 84lbs I think). I finally hit the biggest I had ever been in my life 116kg (around 255lbs), I have managed to lose 3kgs so far which is around 7lbs. I was never overweight as a teenager and the weight only starting coming on 10 years ago. I am 37 years old and have been married for a little over 16 years. I have one boy who is about to turn 6 in December. I work full time (sedentary job) in IT. I spend around 2 years each day in the car traveling to and from work. I leave the house at around 7:30am in the morning and don't get home until 6-6:30pm :(
    I live in Australia (hence the reason for the metric weights but I'll do my best to convert).
    This year has been pretty rough health wise with aching joints and muscle weakness and putting on about 28lbs - all medical tests come back negative and the doctor's have just said - it has to be because of the weight.
    So it's time for me to get it together and lose the weight! Just sometimes find it hard to keep motivated - especially when life gets in the way. Feel free to add me - we all need as much support as we can get. :)
  • mom4ia
    Options
    So good to hear from all of you ladies!! Thank you for joining the group and please don't hesitate to connect with us!! Have a great, weightless weekend! ;-)