Introduce yourself

mz_asher
mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
YOU CAN INCLUDE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT! :)

I'll go first.

My name is Ashley. I am 25 years old and I live in Washington State. Originally from Hawaii. I have have two son ages 9 and 1. I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life and in 2009 i called myself out and decided to do something about it. I joined a gym and that year i lost about 20lbs. However, due to some medical issues I had to stop exercising and take care of my self. Right when i was ready to workout out again I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I got through the first trimester working out and eating healthy when we ran into some complications which prevented me from exercising the rest of my pregnancy. Fast forward to 2012 and I am glad to say that I am now able to pick up where I left off in 2009. My best friend @missmahe introduced me to MFP and together we created this awesome mama group!

I have a long way to reaching my goal but with the help of you all I know I know we can get to our goals together!

Feel Free to add me as a friend! :)

Replies

• missmahe
    missmahe Posts: 20 Member
    hello ladies!

my name is mahe. i'm 25 and i live on molokai in hawaii (though i'm not from here and will be moving back to maui in the next year... here for hubby's job). i'm a mother of 2 (one 4 year old daughter and a 6 week old son). now that i'm cleared to workout hard-core again... i am doing a chalean extreme/turbo fire hybrid to help me lose a total of 32 lbs.
    i love to workout and also experiment in the kitchen with healthy foods. luckily, my kid isn't a picky eater and my husband also likes to eat clean.

good luck everyone!! will be posting my before pictures soon.

aloha.

i also have a fitness accountability blog... check me out at

getfitmahe.blogspot.com
  • Hi! I'm new. :) I'll by 27 this year and I have a 4 y/o and a 10 month old. My husband and I only want 2 kids, so we are done having babies now. I'm ready to get my body back and I need all the help I can get! I just stopped breastfeeding and I am stuck in the 170's range! Blah! I would like to get to 150-155. I'm a big junk food junkie and I really need to get outta that funk. My husband is one of those guys that can drink beer everyday and eat whatever he wants and still be small. Not fair! If I look a a slice of pizza, I swear I gain 10 lbs. ha. But for real, just looking for some good motivation and ready to start eating better and working out in my basement again. Before we got married, I was able to loose 28 lbs by doing 30 minute dvds everyday. It took me 8 months, but I felt great! Time to get back there! Friend me if you would like. I need all the motivation and love I can get. :D
  • akgal78
    akgal78 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello ladies. I am 34 and have three kids. Between my hubby and I we have 5 kids so it's a very busy household! I just had my baby 12 years ago......;-) I guess it's time I lose the weight. Honestly after I had my youngest I got down to the thinnest I been, even before high school. It's time to stop wondering how this happened, how did I get heavy? It doesn't really matter how it did, it did tho!! It's time to change. I still have a pair of pants from 12 years ago that I want to be wearing by my birthday in February. (I might not wear them out of the closet, they might be kind of out of style, but I will wear them) I tend to make excuses for not making the right choice or not working out. Well NO more excuses. My first goal, to be under 200. 37.1 to go. One of my downfalls is wine! I love wine. So if you hear me *****ing about needing some wine, just go with it!! Ladies let this journey begin!!
  • Hi all!

I'm Steph, 5'3 and weighing in at around 132lbs at the moment. I'm in the second trimester with my first baby, so even though I know I'm gonna gain weight and I can't actively lose, I want to be fit and healthy as much as I can!

Good luck, can't wait to get chatting to you all!
  • Hellooo!! I am a 43 year old mom of twin boy/girl 10 year olds. I too, have lost all the weight (twice), and gained it back. I feel soooo good when I am at my target weight. I need to figure out why I continue to beat my body up and gain it all back. I started my new eating lifestyle 30 days ago. Stopped drinking alcohol completely. Stopped eating sugar/bread/pasta as well. BUT, I caved this past weekend. Went on at trip with my hubby and friends and got caught up in the World Series and had yuck food. The good thing is I went back to the hotel and got on the treadmill. I jumped back on my wagon yesterday. My goal is to lose 40-45 pounds by my birthday in January. I am down 17 and looking forward to getting the other 28 off my body soon. Nice to meet everyone. GOOD LUCK LADIES!
  • My name is Stephane, I am 29 yo. I have 2 daughters a 4 yo and a 4 month old, I am still breastfeeding. We are done having children so it's time I get my body back. I have been overweight as long as I can remember but I would love to get back down to my weight at high school graduation. I think I was about 160 range. Since I have had baby I have lost a total of 37 pounds (17 of that was baby weight). My first goal is to get to 180, then from there my next goal would be the 160. Let's do this ladies!!!!! :D
  • vicsmommy21608
    vicsmommy21608 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! My name is Sarah. I'm 30 years old and have one son, 4, and one stepson, 6. I have always struggled with my weight, but after having my son, I started having severe problems. I have been dieting and exercising on and off for almost a year, but I am trying desperately to stay "on the wagon" this time. I have been on MFP for about two weeks, and also joined a gym two weeks ago. It is definitely a challenge to make it to the gym, and to eat healthy. I work full time as a medical assistant in a surgery clinic, I go to school part time, majoring in health admin, and my boys are both very active in cub scouts, soccer, and t-ball. It is a challenge to eat healthy on the go, and even harder to get my family to eat healthy. My son won't touch veggies, and my husband won't come near anything healthy. Must be nice to be able to drink beer and eat Little Caesars and McDonalds and never gain an ounce, right? Lol. I'm looking for some support from ladies who understand and can help keep me accountable!
  • missmahe
    nice to meet all you mamas... keep em coming ladies!!!! and stephanie_dee! good luck... stay active during my pregnancy made it go a lot smoother (at least i feel like it did!).
  • jorrie05
    jorrie05 Posts: 4 Member
    my name is Jorrie. i'm 24 (25 on the 18th :ohwell: ). i've been married to my husband Nick for a little over 5 years (together for 8) and we have 3 beautiful girls together (Kayla-Ann; 3 years old, Kaydence-Nicole; 2 years old & Kimberlee-Marie; 13 months). Before giving birth 13 months ago i was 160 something pounds and am now down to 123 pounds (thanks mostly to breastfeeding). my current goal is to get to 120 pounds and then down to 105 (haven't weighed that since getting pregnant 7 years ago). i'm probably one of the laziest people ever but i do try to chase the kids around the house with my youngest strapped on to me or dance with my older girls while holding my youngest.. hahah.. and that is my workout... i'm pretty good at making 101 excuses to NOT workout :)
  • I am a twin mama too of 16 month old twins and I am determined to lose 30 lbs!!!

lets get this done!!!!
  • Hi all! I've been on MFP for a month and love to find some friends and help with motivation! I'm a 33 yo swede and I had my baby boy in July. My experience of my pregnancy was not at all fantastic. It feels like it slipped from one nausea to another kind of nausea and it started when I was 2nd month pregnant. I really wanted to be in great shape while pregnant but I felt so sick that just a slow walk took a tremendous amount of strength and my normal eating habits that are healthyish went out the window, everything made me sick... So after almost a year I'm back and really excited to get moving :-) I started with the 30DS and finished today! A great start but now I don't want to lose my motivation. It will be fantastic getting to know you all!

Feel free to add me! Lot's of love /HappyNelle
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Hi fellow mommas! My name is Dawn, I'm 36 and I am the mother of a 22 month old daughter and an 8 week old son. I have pcos and type 2 diabetes and have struggled with weight my whole life. I was able to lose 30 lbs before my first pregnancy by eating clean and working out a ton. Right now I can seem to find the energy to do either, so I'm looking for some support and motivation, and I'm glad to have found all of you. I look forward to getting to know everyone :)
  • mz_asher
    Nice to meet all of you as well! we will all support each other :)
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    I am Mandi I live in Ontario, Canada. I have 3 kids Linnaea 6 (in 10 days) my son Grayson 3 and my baby girl Amira 11 months. I have been heavy for about 8 years I have had some success on WW but would end up pregnant and gain the weight back after having my youngest I gained more weight then I did when I was pregnant I ballooned up to 236lbs the day I gave birth I was 230. I was starving all the time from nursing and just always made bad food choices. 4 months ago I started on my weight loss journey and I quite drinking pop which I used to have a major addiction to, cut down on the amount of carbs and starches I was eating and the weight has been coming of decently quickly with exercise.I have lost about 43 lbs. I am looking to lose about 80lbs so over half way! :D
  • mz_asher
    I am Mandi I live in Ontario, Canada. I have 3 kids Linnaea 6 (in 10 days) my son Grayson 3 and my baby girl Amira 11 months. I have been heavy for about 8 years I have had some success on WW but would end up pregnant and gain the weight back after having my youngest I gained more weight then I did when I was pregnant I ballooned up to 236lbs the day I gave birth I was 230. I was starving all the time from nursing and just always made bad food choices. 4 months ago I started on my weight loss journey and I quite drinking pop which I used to have a major addiction to, cut down on the amount of carbs and starches I was eating and the weight has been coming of decently quickly with exercise.I have lost about 43 lbs. I am looking to lose about 80lbs so over half way! :D

Nice to meet you mandi! Good job on the weight loss :) I too have done WW and I still am enrolled. I don't count points anymore. I live mfp :)
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Mandi....congrats on the weight loss so far! Very inspirational!
  • missmahe
    Nice to meet you all!!!
  • sincerely4me1o0
    sincerely4me1o0 Posts: 41 Member
    Hello! I am a SAHM and wife. I have 4 kids, and we live in CA. I would love to have some company on my weight loss journey!
  • sincerely4me1o0
    sincerely4me1o0 Posts: 41 Member
    Mandi 43lbs in 4 months is amazing!
  • mz_asher
    Hello! I am a SAHM and wife. I have 4 kids, and we live in CA. I would love to have some company on my weight loss journey!

Nice to meet you! Glad your on this journey with us