Reaction to people calling you fat...

mz_asher
mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
How do you guys react when people or even family call you fat? Just curious...

My aunty who I have not seen in a year came to visit! She told me that I needed to stop drinking my diet soda and lose weight. My cousin who is her daughter was told the same thing. Both my cousin and I brushed it off because that is how she is. Regardless, what are your reactions when and if they do call you fat?

As for me im going to use it to motivate me! Ill probably see her in a few months so id like to shock her with all that i have accomplished! This mama is going from Phat to Fit!

Replies

• missmahe
    missmahe Posts: 20 Member
    I'd probably snap at someone!! But since it was your aunty... Lol. I don't know. My aunty told me before I starte losing weight that I was "too young to be that big." And then she said "it's not healthy to be that big." We are close so my response was "shut up....it's not healthy for your MOUTH to be that big." Lol... But I was hurt by it... But hey... The truth hurts. She was right... But people seriously need to practice some damn tact! It's hard when family says it though...
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    I personally would have said " well that wasn't very nice, but I am working on it!"
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    my Dad was always a major jerk about my weight. He made a comment about my fat *kitten* one time when I was grown. I retorted with something along the lines of "you don't know how many men have LOVED this fat *kitten*". Emphasis on the 'loved'.

He hasn't said a thing about my weight since.
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    my Dad was always a major jerk about my weight. He made a comment about my fat *kitten* one time when I was grown. I retorted with something along the lines of "you don't know how many men have LOVED this fat *kitten*". Emphasis on the 'loved'.

He hasn't said a thing about my weight since.

That's a good one! :) sometimes people need to be put in their place! I plan to show off when I see her again.
  • pinkford
    pinkford Posts: 19 Member
    My husband's best friend did that when I was about four months post partum from Cash. We were all lying down watching a movie together when he looked over at me and said "hey, bout time you start working on that belly, eh?". I kicked him out of my house. So I am clearly not as nice.

The birth of my son was very hard, and actually ended up in physio til he was about five months old to work on some of the "damage". I didn't get the full clear to exercise until then.

Now, now I have no excuses and am ready to work on that belly. But it is my opinion that the only one that gets to comment on your size is you. You cannot change for anyone else other than yourself. Period. So other people should keep their comments to themselves and their opinions trapped inside their teeny tiny mind.
  • Pinkford, that is shocking.:mad:

Why the hell would anyone consider your figure their business? Horrible.

No one has ever dared say anything to my face. I am quite scary, mind. :happy: