i have no idea what to do!!!

Options
okay so i havent lost any weight but i have a lot of muscle from being a swimmer. my friend called me fat today and told me that i let myself go. shes is like super skinny and swims to but shes not as muscular as i am. what should i do? im 140 and 5'4'1/2. do i really need to loss weight? please be honest i can handle it. i need to know.

Replies

• miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Aw that's mean of your friend! I'm similar to you- 5' 4" and 147lbs. I'm trying to lose weight but I guess it depends on your build. Either way, 140lbs is a perfectly healthy weight for our height so I wouldn't worry about it!!
  • sbohinski
    Options
    oh okay thanks so much! and good luck!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only you know if you want to lose weight. Who cares what your 'friend' said? Are you're happy with your body as it is? If so, you dont need to lose weight!
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! You are athletic, healthy and in fantastic shape. I felt 'fat' when I was 18 and was a competitive downhill skier and swimmer, I weighed the same as you. i just wish I had more confidence and had a better body image at your age. I have struggled with my body image forever! I am now 38, 5'4, 160 lbs and working really hard to lose weight. I am still very athletic, so I have a lot of muscle mass... You are perfect the way you are! You are beautiful, flaunt your gorgeous physique, you are healthy and I would love to be a fit 140 lbs woman! :flowerforyou: