Looking for MFP Friends

TXGAL50
TXGAL50 Posts: 6 Member
I have been a member of MFP for almost a year now....I am 62 years old, I am 5'7" tall and as of my last weigh last Sunday, I weigh 244 lbs. My Goal Weight is 165, maybe less, not for sure now....

I was born and raised in Texas, but have been traveling with my Boyfriend since June of 2011....He is a project manager for a telecom company that installs and upgrades cell phone towers.....We travel all over the USA.....Since June of 2011 we have traveled to and lived in Texas, California, Tennessee, Missouri, Georgia, New York and now Minnesota....

I Love to travel but don't have time to cook alot and his job requires us to eat out a lot........I have tried several Diet plans over the past years and have found that none of them work for me......Back in 1973 I lost from 220 to 190 by just counting my calories and have decided that is the best way for me.......If it doesn't feel good to you or seem hard to follow, it wouldn't work for me......

I am looking for friends to discuss things with, post with, and exchange ideas and help me be accountable to myself......

Be free to add me as your friend if you are interested..,.....:flowerforyou:

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    I have been a member of MFP for almost a year now....I am 62 years old, I am 5'7" tall and as of my last weigh last Sunday, I weigh 244 lbs. My Goal Weight is 165, maybe less, not for sure now....

I was born and raised in Texas, but have been traveling with my Boyfriend since June of 2011....He is a project manager for a telecom company that installs and upgrades cell phone towers.....We travel all over the USA.....Since June of 2011 we have traveled to and lived in Texas, California, Tennessee, Missouri, Georgia, New York and now Minnesota....

I Love to travel but don't have time to cook alot and his job requires us to eat out a lot........I have tried several Diet plans over the past years and have found that none of them work for me......Back in 1973 I lost from 220 to 190 by just counting my calories and have decided that is the best way for me.......If it doesn't feel good to you or seem hard to follow, it wouldn't work for me......

I am looking for friends to discuss things with, post with, and exchange ideas and help me be accountable to myself......

Wow, that is a lot of traveling, but exciting at the same time. Getting to see all the different places. I will be glad to add you as a pal. We are all in this together and we can do it! Welcome to our group too. We are pretty darn awesome if you ask me.
  • TXGAL50
    TXGAL50 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you so much......I am looking forward to being a member..........
  • charrisonwms
    charrisonwms Posts: 22 Member
    I am 61 years old, I am 5'11" tall and I weigh 224 lbs. My Goal Weight is 165 - 175. Recently had my bio-metrics screening, a gentle reminder that I am obese. I am blessed to have grandchildren that I plan to be around to watch them grow up. I know if I want that, I must change my present mode of operation. No change means more of the same. Please add me as your friend as I
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member

I love to travel, too, bu can't afford it. But we still eat out too much (lol). I've learned that most forms of chicken, veggies, salads, plain baked potatoes, etc. are better choices when eating out. I do have to be gluten-free (since April) and that prevents me from eating bread and desserts.

You can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend.

BTW -- I'm only 5'2" and I only have about 8 lbs to go from the original 30 I needed to lose.