How many times..

Options
How many times a day do you go swimming?

Replies

• tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I work a full time job so I have been going 2 times a week for sure, but I try to go 3-4 days total. I'm too lazy to get up early in the morning to swim, and I have commitments the other nights.
  • JudySwims
    JudySwims Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Two to three. I fit in Spin and Step classes also. Plus running 2 times a week. Swimming keeps my joints and body loose and flex!
  • mermaidrae
    mermaidrae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I swim 6 days a week sometimes twice a day. But, I am on my universities swim team.

Try to get in 3 days a week at least. If you can't then do alternatives such as running or jogging.

Or, like I like to do when I'm home from school. Do abs/ pushups when watching TV on commercial breaks:)
  • TroyBa
    TroyBa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Typically 5 - 6 times a week with days that I swim twice (morning and evening). Swimming is my base exercise, I love the way I feel after a hard workout in the pool and it starts my day off right. I typically run every other day and either spin or ride outside when the weather permits.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    noe it is 3 but 4 times a week is fine to stay fit.
    my coach said you shoud not do mountain climbing or weight training. because the makes the muscles frirm and you lose your loos and flexible body therefore less bouyancy and bad technique
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, though I am on a hiatus due to swimmer's shoulder. So, I am practicing my kick using the flutterboard while my physio therapist tries to retrain my muscles. Lesson learned: seek help sooner when injured, so that other muscles don't kick in to compensate.

I also do Tai Chi, work on the treadmill and exercycle, do aquafit three times/ week, and square dance as often as I can--2-3 times per week.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    acuafit is very exelent way to stay fit and sexy . I tried it 2 years ago