week 3 updates

Options
fit4life_73
fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
This morning I completed w3d1. I decided to do distance instead of time. It was much better for me. I'm doing c25k exclusively on the treadmill. I get really bored watching the time so I thought I would try something a little different. I'm looking forward to my next run. :smile:

Replies

• NatashaRuz
    Options
    Wonderful :)
    It's great to look forward to running isn't it? :)
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of week 3 today. I am doing time and running outside and it was icy :-( So I was cautious about falling and probably not quick enough. But I enjoyed it and am actually looking forward to Tuesday when I go again.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of week 3 today. I am doing time and running outside and it was icy :-( So I was cautious about falling and probably not quick enough. But I enjoyed it and am actually looking forward to Tuesday when I go again.

Be careful on the ice. I finished week 3 yesterday. Im a little nervous about wk4 tomorrow.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Just finished w3d1....never knew I could run for three minutes straight! That was pretty cool!
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just finished w3d1....never knew I could run for three minutes straight! That was pretty cool!

I know right!? I've just done w3d2, yesterday I struggled with the 1st 3 minutes, but today I pushed through both of them! Ithink it's all about the pace...
  • I finished w3d3 today and I was surprised that I found it so easy compared to the beginning of the week. Looking forward to week four now :D
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options

I know right!? I've just done w3d2, yesterday I struggled with the 1st 3 minutes, but today I pushed through both of them! Ithink it's all about the pace...

I'm running on the treadmill, I'm going outside to try a run on the weekend but I'm not sure how to pace myself. What are you doing?
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options

I'm running on the treadmill, I'm going outside to try a run on the weekend but I'm not sure how to pace myself. What are you doing?

I don't have any scientific way of doing it, and I'm sure that everybody's different... but all I do is try not to set out like a bull at a gate, and then try to keep the same rhythm going. When it gets hard I just focus on actually making each step rather than stopping (and listening for the finish lol). If you can't make it the first time, you'll have a better idea of what to expect next time round so just consider it a learning curve :)