byetta

is anyone out there on byetta injections?
I have been using for almost 4 months. At first on the 5mg does I lost weight and my sugar readings went down but I seem to have less good results with the 10mg dose.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    I was on Byetta, but had to switch to another med because I couldn't tolerate the side effects. On Facebook, though, if you do a search for Byetta you'll find a couple of groups where you can ask.
  • Thanks for that. I am very lucky and still have very little in the way of side effects
  • ggrushing
    ggrushing Posts: 8 Member
    I was on Byetta for awhile but then began having pains in my side. I don't know if that had anything to do with its side effects but I became frightened about how it could affect the pancreas and so I got off of it.
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Glad to hear it! If you do develop any side effects, though, some of them can be ameliorated. A lot of people have had success controlling nausea with over-the-counter motion sickness meds, for instance.
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    I was able to tolerate it fairly well for the year or so I was on it, and it did help for awhile. But I was a carbohydrate craver and nothing will compensate for that. It's like trying to stop a train with a bicycle brake. Now I'm trying to reduce the amount of insulin I take by reducing carbs and especially low nutritional carbs. Losing weight on insulin is an uphill battle but it can be done.
  • k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    I was using Byetta for months worked ok but was tough to travel on motorcycle.
    My MD offered up BYDUREON www.bydureon.com/ and provided samples for testing.
    It is great very effective and convenient.
    Once a week extended release injection, easy to understand kit to mix it at home.