Bikram Instructor preferences

Options
Do you have certain instructors that you like depending on the type of work out that you want/need that day or do you go the same days/times every week?

Replies

• shawashanah
    Options
    Yes, I have a preference. I've tried several instructors and hate them all until I tried the one I have now. She is awesome and best of all, it's FREE. I refuse to go any where else and if she charged tomorrow for the classes, I'd pay!
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I enjoy taking classes from different instructors. I've found that I'll learn something different from each of them; they tend to emphasis different facets of the bikram experience.

Of course there are days when I want to "hide" in the back of the room and take a class from an instructor who's easy -- meaning they don't have you hold a pose as long as you should.

I also think that the more difficult instructors help me improve my practice, by challenging me.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have a preference for certain instructors and there are some that I avoid.
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i hate it when instructors stick to the script and say all the stupid "bikramisms: like the Japanese ham sandwich one or pulling is the object of stretching, and instead put it in their own words that are more helpful and make more sense.
  • Babarino
    Options
    I just go with whatever fits in my schedule. Whoever happens to be teaching is teaching.
  • jiabman
    Options
    My studio doesn't publish a schedule and they mix up the teachers regularly so I can't control who is my instructor. I like it because then I am not stuck and I learn something from everyone/each experience. Even those that just drone the script and nothing else.