tough mudder

Options
elizak87
elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
Anyone doing the tough mudder in Sydney? I am doing it with my partner and some people from work. I have a lot of upper body strength to build until then

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not I, not for February anyway as I doubted I'd be in good enough condition to do it. Will definitely be ready for October though :D
  • Sandraonlyskinny
    Sandraonlyskinny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Mud run in 3 weeks, that is at Blacktown Equestrian. That is 7kms, and I am looking at the Tough Bloke Challenge in about June. As you say, lot of upper body strength to build for the latter.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    not in sydney, but in melb in jan.

I'm doing insanity the asylum with a running program to get me ready.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Can't make the February date in Sydney due to a wedding on the Gold Coast, but really hoping I can get a team together to do the one at the end of the year... Sometimes it is hard convincing people 20km in mud, etc....

Jayson... You better be ready!!!!
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I miss the old obstacle course. I'd be up for the one post feb!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Can't make the February date in Sydney due to a wedding on the Gold Coast, but really hoping I can get a team together to do the one at the end of the year... Sometimes it is hard convincing people 20km in mud, etc....

Jayson... You better be ready!!!!

As long as I don't relapse into old bad habits I'm pretty sure I'll be in the best shape of my life come the one late in the year.
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    I'm looking at the Brissie one next August and have only have one guy from my work to join me.

Totes keen for any other MFP people who want to come play in the mud with me....:bigsmile:
  • jemjemsh
    jemjemsh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hopefully doing the Sydney one in Feb then Brissie one in August. I've heard it's heaps of fun so I can't wait! I'm not super fit or strong or anything, doing it more for the challenge and for fun
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was very excited to see that it was coming to adelaide but still no date set so i doubt its going to happen. My only worry is the last obstacle getting zapped doesn't do it for me and going around seems too much like cheating to be an option. Has anyone actually done it?
  • elizak87
    Options
    Registered this week! Doing Spartan as a warm up the month before! Lets go!
  • mmk137
    Options
    i totally loved it and look forward to doing it next year in a team.
  • mmk137
    Options
    if you want to read about my experience you can do so on my blog.

http://lifeofanoniongirl.wordpress.com
  • heidistubbs
    heidistubbs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just did January 19th in Melbourne, and am doing September in Melbourne. Really excited, however don't have anyone to workout with or for my team yet! That's what I really wanted for last time was someone to compare training and meet up sometimes
  • elizak87
    Options
    I did Spartan yesterday and all I can say is I need to get my butt into gear to survive tough mudder.