Questions?

Options
Feel free to ask any questions about workouts or foods that you may have. Also, if you are not comfortable posting your question on the board you are welcome to send me message in private and I will be glad to help!

Replies

• priyathakkar
    Options
    Hi! I am only 18 and i weigh 120 and i want to cut down to 108 ish. I want to lose my fat most importantly. It doesnt matter to me what the scale says because i know that muscle replaces fat. I watch what i eat and do not eat more than 1200 calories a day usually 1000 and i workout 6 times a week. I just started this week though but i just wanted to make sure i was on track. I lost between 200-400 calories. Am i doing enough to lose the weight?
  • jlong2184
    Options
    Think about losing weight in terms of calories. If you burn 500 more than you eat per day then you will lose 1 pound per week. If you are working out 6 days a week I think 1200 calories a day may actually be to low for you. How tall are you?
  • mommieoftwingirls12
    Options
    i am about 5'6..what is the average weight of someone my height? and thanks for the talk last night!
  • jlong2184
    Options
    Your welcome! Ideal weight is something tricky because it has will vary based on body type and composition. From the information I found it looks like around 130 would be a good point. Medically speaking the range for someone your height would be 118-155 and that is based on a Body Mass Index (BMI) range of 19-25. If you want to check into it more look at http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm. Where are you at now and where is the goal you have set?
  • mommieoftwingirls12
    Options
    I used to hate to tell people my weight but I'm actually proud to say that i'm down to 170!! My goal weight is 140. I'm getting there, slowly, but surely!
  • jlong2184
    Options
    I think you have set a good goal for yourself and remember don't just focus on the number, pay attention to how your clothes fit and most importantly how you feel!
  • priyathakkar
    Options
    I am 5 foot. So i would have to lose 1800 calories a day?
  • jlong2184
    Options
    I would say if you around 1600 or 1700 calories a day you would be losing about 1 pound per week because based on your height, weight and exercise you probably use about 2100 a day or so.
  • I'm 5'2" and I weigh 120 lbs my GW is 100 lbs. So I'm almost 18 and I'm maintaining a 1200 cal diet and I exercise 4 times a week. I started two weeks ago and I've lost inches off my waist. But I havent lost an inch off my limbs. Also I'm an hourglass. So any reasons as to why this is happening?
  • jlong2184
    Options
    Well your calorie intake is at the range of extreme fat loss so do not reduce that anymore because it will start to become unhealthy. When you exercise what kind of work outs do you do? Are you doing only cardio or strength training?
  • yes I do cardio for like an hour and some strength training too for four days a week (I wanted to increase the no. of days but lack of time). So how long do you think would take me to cut down to 105 lbs. Not that i want to rush anything just asking.
  • jlong2184
    Options
    If you keep up what you are doing I would say probably about 8-10 weeks and you will reach your goals but obviously that is a rough estimate and will depend how your body reacts to the calories. It will be important to pay attention to your energy levels and how you feel because you may need to raise your calorie intake in order to get the best results. Keep up the strength training which will help you lose the inches on your arms and legs and give you a toned look.
  • thanks so much! I'd pay attention :)