Weekly chat - Nov 12-18

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    I'm baaacccckkkkkk!

With Hurricane Sandy, we were 5 days without power, and then left for a vacation for Disney for a week. the power came back shortly after we flew out, and the house is ok except needing a new roof. We were very fortunate.

However, the 'no power diet' (aka, no fresh, healthy foods, mostly shelf stable processed stuff) followed by a week at Disney didn't help my cause any, and I'm up 4 lbs from my lowest. Halloween candy isn't helping.

So my efforts are renewed. Who's with me?
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Memememememe!!!! I've been terrible the last few weeks. Terrible. Luckily for me I' haven't really gained a lot of weight but I've lost a lot of fitness and donated blood as well so some of the 'weight' loss is artificial :ohwell:

Today I planned my meals - healthy stuff, salad and strawberries and so far so good. I do have book club tonight but at least it's not the double whammy of a bad day topped off with a worse evening!

Have you been able to run at all recently Debbie? I've been taking it slow since I donated blood but it's been a week so I could technically be up and running again!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm starting from scratch it seems. I disappeared for awhile as I got settled into my new apartment and found myself a boyfriend. Learning to balance eating healthy, working out, and a rediscovered social life is certainly challenging. I've gained over 10 lbs since I moved in the beginning of August (although it could be more... it's been awhile since I weighed myself) and that's certainly unacceptable. BF seems very understanding and supportive of my desires to be healthy, so that does help. I just find that living alone is making it harder for me to maintain self-control.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How does that happen that the moment a boyfriend comes into the picture we just start gaining weight?!?!? I've picked up so much since I met my husband it's not even funny :ohwell:
  • shorty313
    Options
    I did gain initially after our wedding, DH loves to snack at night!

Got to the gym twice this week! :) That's a step in the right direction. I just found out I have to attend a meeting for work tomorrow about an hour today, so there goes my lunchtime gym routine. Maybe I can squeeze it in at 4pm before getting the kids.

Eating has been MUCH more controlled, thank goodness!