I like eating more!

Options
natini
natini Posts: 347 Member
I have a small celebration that I would like to share. I have been eating 1700-1900 calories and have not seen the scale move for months. I decided to put my BMF back on for a week to get my actual TDEE instead of looking at online calculators. I found that my average burn was about 2500 a day. This is a lot higher than I thought. I upped my calories for the past two weeks to eat 2100-2200 a day. I liked eating the extra calories but I actually found it hard to do. I would sometimes have an extra 400 at the end of the night, so I ajusted and have been eating more throughout the day. I also really focused on my protein and have been trying to eat at least 150g.

Well, I finally saw the scale move today. I was feeling good this morning and decided to get on it. I am down 1.5lbs in 2 weeks. It is really mind blowing that eating more will help you loose weight! I am hoping I found my sweet spot and will continue to see movement. I hope this helps motivate others.

Replies

• timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Great! I'm glad you're having good results!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have a small celebration that I would like to share. I have been eating 1700-1900 calories and have not seen the scale move for months. I decided to put my BMF back on for a week to get my actual TDEE instead of looking at online calculators. I found that my average burn was about 2500 a day. This is a lot higher than I thought. I upped my calories for the past two weeks to eat 2100-2200 a day. I liked eating the extra calories but I actually found it hard to do. I would sometimes have an extra 400 at the end of the night, so I ajusted and have been eating more throughout the day. I also really focused on my protein and have been trying to eat at least 150g.

Well, I finally saw the scale move today. I was feeling good this morning and decided to get on it. I am down 1.5lbs in 2 weeks. It is really mind blowing that eating more will help you loose weight! I am hoping I found my sweet spot and will continue to see movement. I hope this helps motivate others.

Big happy face! Way to go!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Awesome.. You have awakened your metabolism.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that, very good to hear!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Great news. Always nice to be able to eat more, isn't it. And find that when you do go over, it really doesn't matter either.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    That's great that you increased to lose weight.
    So many people would drop calories when they don't see the scale movement.
    Yay for eating, yay for protein and yay for you and your awesome success :drinker:
  • hbaby2
    hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What did you put on to find TDEE? Fitbit type thing? :)
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Eating more is great! Food really is fuel. When we eat appropriately we get stronger, healthier, smarter and happier. Yes please! :)
  • natini
    Options
    Awesome! What did you put on to find TDEE? Fitbit type thing? :)

I have a Body Media Fit. It is like a fit bit. I hadn't worn it in a while so I put it back on for a week and averaged my weekly calories burned. I was underestimating my TDEE by using online calculators.
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting.
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's awesome.
  • reagentmel
    Options
    Congrats on that victory, and I'm so glad you posted this! I've also been eating 1700-1900 cals for about 2 months now, with no scale movement. I am seeing inches loss, so am not truly frustrated, but I'm heavy enough that the scale really OUGHT to be moving. Was debating ordering a Body Media Fit, but not wanting to spend the money. Went ahead and pulled the trigger right after reading your post, and I have a feeling I'll be moving my calories up, as you did, and hoping for similar results.

I've been resisting the temptation to reduce calories, as I find I've done well with maintaining weight for 2 months now (which is a victory in and of itself!), but the traditional wisdom is if you're maintaining, then cut cals to lose. Well.... after all the reading I've done on MFP, I know better than to do that, so just keep going the way I am....

Thanks again for posting your results to encourage others. It was a great help to me!

ETA: By the way, how are you getting your additional protein? I've been doing well keeping it over 100 g / day, but 150 would be tough. Appreciate any suggestions. :smile:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that victory, and I'm so glad you posted this! I've also been eating 1700-1900 cals for about 2 months now, with no scale movement. I am seeing inches loss, so am not truly frustrated, but I'm heavy enough that the scale really OUGHT to be moving. Was debating ordering a Body Media Fit, but not wanting to spend the money. Went ahead and pulled the trigger right after reading your post, and I have a feeling I'll be moving my calories up, as you did, and hoping for similar results.

I've been resisting the temptation to reduce calories, as I find I've done well with maintaining weight for 2 months now (which is a victory in and of itself!), but the traditional wisdom is if you're maintaining, then cut cals to lose. Well.... after all the reading I've done on MFP, I know better than to do that, so just keep going the way I am....

You need to remind yourself - you are not maintaining though.

You are losing inches. That means fat. Your LBM just happens to go up at the same rate. LBM is all non-fat stuff.

You might take a week off of exercise, eat at non-exercise TDEE and 15% deficit for that week, and see what happens.

Might need a workout break.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • natini
    Options
    Thanks again for posting your results to encourage others. It was a great help to me!

ETA: By the way, how are you getting your additional protein? I've been doing well keeping it over 100 g / day, but 150 would be tough. Appreciate any suggestions. :smile:

I am glad it helped you. I have been trying to get to 150g of protein each day. I try and have a lean meat at every meal. After weight lifting I drink a 30g protein shake. I also have some low sugar 15g protein bars for snack. My Macros are set at 40/30/30. I try and make sure 30% of what every I am eating is protein. I will drink a shake or have a bar for dessert if I didn't have enough protein for the day.