week of Nov.12th through Nov. 18th

Options
Hi all, Hope everyone was able to keep up and do all that was required last week?? I did good and I see a few who posted saying they did well too! Congrats to you all.

This week will be as follows:

Monday: boxing. Stand with right leg out in front, left leg back, arms bent with hands up together near your nose, then punch out as if hitting a boxing bag or a person. Do the right then the left 5 each side then switch with the left leg out and the right back and repeat. If you can do more, please do. If you need to, you can do these sitting.

Tuesday: side steps. Just step from side to side and tap your foot. Do as many as you can. Just get your heart rate up a little.

Wednesday: crunches, oh yea baby, we can do them. If need to, lay on the bed and do them. Just raise your shoulders up slightly and hold for a second or two. slow and steady.

Thursday: Wood chops. For those of you who are new you do these like this.. Stand with feet hip width apart. Bring your arms up hand together up over your left shoulder, then swing them down to the right twisting your body bending your knee slightly, as if chopping wood. Do as many as you can, then repeat on the right side, swinging to the left. again, if need to sit in a chair and do them.

Friday: Walk for at least 5 minutes. Can be done inside. Just get up and walk around.

Saturday: Hokey pokey. YES the hokey pokey. Put your right arm in, put your right arm out, put your right arm in and shake it all about, do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around, that's what it's all about. Hokey Pokey. You know the rest. Do it and have some fun!

Sunday: deep breath. Standing with feet hip width apart, bring arms up hands meeting midway, next to your body, breathe in as you bring them up over your head still hand together, hold for a second, breathe out as you bring your arms out to the side, down to your side and back up again. Just do as many as you can and feel the stress leave your body as you breathe out.

Most important, ENJOY! If you can't do something, just wing it and if you have any suggestions for us, please feel free to let us know. We can use it the next time!

Thanks pals and good luck to us all!

P.S. Don't forget the liquids, especially after exercising.

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this week. And I'm really trying to drink the water. If I count half my coffee and tea, plus the actual 3-4 glasses of water, I almost make it. Part of the reason is that it is so cold here that all I want is something hot. But I am getting better thanks to your challenges.
  • TXGAL50
    TXGAL50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love this.......I live in a 24 ft Travel Trailer and not much room to exercise inside and especially since we have snow on the ground and 9 degree wind chill factor this morning in Minnesota........I am going to be able to do this.............:yawn:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this week. And I'm really trying to drink the water. If I count half my coffee and tea, plus the actual 3-4 glasses of water, I almost make it. Part of the reason is that it is so cold here that all I want is something hot. But I am getting better thanks to your challenges.

I do believe the tea and coffee count? It is liquid. Glad to have you here.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    I love this.......I live in a 24 ft Travel Trailer and not much room to exercise inside and especially since we have snow on the ground and 9 degree wind chill factor this morning in Minnesota........I am going to be able to do this.............:yawn:

brrrrr. that is too cold. But don't you really want to go out for a nice walk? LOL. So glad to have you join us and I try to make these all indoor type of things to do.
  • karenkay25
    karenkay25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting these every week really keeps me moving.:flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Thanks for posting these every week really keeps me moving.:flowerforyou:

You are welcome. I love doing it and am always so happy when others join in.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    OK!! GOOD EXERCISES. I CAN DO THIS. THANKS FOR GETTING US UP AND AT THEM.
  • karenkay25
    karenkay25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love. love the boxing maybe I should take a boxing class:bigsmile:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Love. love the boxing maybe I should take a boxing class:bigsmile:

I know. I never did anything like it until I stared The Biggest Loser for the X box. I love it too! Glad you enjoyed.
    I admit, I forgot to do yesterday, so I just did mine. lol
  • gramanana
    Options
    I did the boxing (5 reps on each side, probably 5 times) yesterday and the side steps this morning. I don't really understand the boxing, but some movement is always better than none. I'll keep at it until I figure it out, just like I did with the plank.

Thanks for the suggestions that keep me moving and excited about getting fit.:flowerforyou:
  • gramanana
    Options
    Ok, I did 10 crunches and am so proud of myself. Thanks Californiagirl.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Ok, I have to admit it. I did these out of order. LOL I forgot to do side steps on Tues so I did them yesterday along with crunches. Today I did 20 wood chops each side. I love the wood chops.

Hope you all are doing good. From the posts I have seen, you all are awesome! Keep up the good work.

:drinker:
  • gramanana
    Options
    I did my wood chops today -- 30 on each side.

You are suspiciously missing this morning, hope everything is ok.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options

Great job on the wood chops! I am here, I just have decided it is quite hard to comment on everyone's diary and exercises, so decided to just comment on posts they might put up. I feel bad to do this...............
  • gramanana
    Options

Great job on the wood chops! I am here, I just have decided it is quite hard to comment on everyone's diary and exercises, so decided to just comment on posts they might put up. I feel bad to do this...............

I don't want you to feel bad about anything, I just wanted to make sure you're ok. It is a lot of work to keep up with everyone. Please don't stop posting challenges each week, that's part of what keeps me going. LOL
  • californiagirl1950
    Options

Oh I won't stop this, it is my "passion" I get to BOSS you all around! LOL I hope to come up with good ones each week, and there will be repeats, but I will keep on. Thanks gramanana.

I don't want you to feel bad about anything, I just wanted to make sure you're ok. It is a lot of work to keep up with everyone. Please don't stop posting challenges each week, that's part of what keeps me going. LOL
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Just found this group! I ve already walked one mile on the treadmill..before lunch. Its along day for me at the antique shop. The burger bar next (owned by my sisinlaw)is tough to stay away from all the high cal stuff! My plan is to eat grilled chicken and avacoda salad. ..with ten chips! believe me this is definitely moderation!

Glad to know someone else counts tea and coffe for their daily quota of water! I am drinking al the time it seems! it's miserable having to look for the potty every time my shopping lasts more than 45minutes!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Just found this group! I ve already walked one mile on the treadmill..before lunch. Its along day for me at the antique shop. The burger bar next (owned by my sisinlaw)is tough to stay away from all the high cal stuff! My plan is to eat grilled chicken and avacoda salad. ..with ten chips! believe me this is definitely moderation!

Glad to know someone else counts tea and coffe for their daily quota of water! I am drinking al the time it seems! it's miserable having to look for the potty every time my shopping lasts more than 45minutes!

Welcome to the group. I walked a mile on the treadmill today, too. Weight Watchers taught me that you can count half of your coffee and tea as water. I'm finding I still don't drink enough, but I hear year about being out and about and needing a potty.LOL Good luck with your menu plan.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options

Hi there, so glad to have you in our group. OMG, I would not last being next to a burger bar. Good for you resisting that. Also great job on the treadmill. I hope you will join us each week. I try to think up new and exciting things for us to do. If you have any ideas please feel free to let us know.