prayers

Options
hi im vivienne christian and asking for prayers for letting god in to help me get healthy and lose weight

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'll be praying...
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Prayers sent!

thanks for inviting me to the group, Amber.

=)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Prayers sent!

thanks for inviting me to the group, Amber.

=)

You're welcome. :)
  • raebar01
    raebar01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also have a prayer request. My husband is resistant to "heathy" eating. I have been trying to make heathy dinners for the whole family to enjoy but he won't even try half of them. My kids are really enjoying it. I kind of feel like I am doing them a disservice to continue making unhealthy meals just to please one person. But it makes me feel guilty and bad that he refused to eat my food and is making his own. Thinking back on past failed healthy eating I think that much of it goes back to this issue. It's like he is waiting for me and encouraging me to get past a "phase". But I don't want to get past it; and I don't want to make two meals per day. Suggestions? Bible quotes? thank you so much for prayer and thanks for this group.
  • mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I also have a prayer request. My husband is resistant to "heathy" eating. I have been trying to make heathy dinners for the whole family to enjoy but he won't even try half of them. My kids are really enjoying it. I kind of feel like I am doing them a disservice to continue making unhealthy meals just to please one person. But it makes me feel guilty and bad that he refused to eat my food and is making his own. Thinking back on past failed healthy eating I think that much of it goes back to this issue. It's like he is waiting for me and encouraging me to get past a "phase". But I don't want to get past it; and I don't want to make two meals per day. Suggestions? Bible quotes? thank you so much for prayer and thanks for this group.

Prayers for everyone here. Please keep me in prayer too.

From personal experience when I first started on my one of many journey to weight loss I made healthy meals anyway. My hubby said he would try it but if he didn't like it he would eat something else. Well over the years he finally saw some progress I was making and has turned to healthy eating himself and lost 80lbs. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep things around he can fis for himself. I am now to the point where I just make regular meals and just eat small portions of it. I remain satisfied and I am not depriving myself of the food I love. Consider that. My prayers to you on this journey.
  • raebar01
    raebar01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I have been praying on this and came up with basically the same conclusion. I owe it to myself and my family to provide healthy meals for them. If he chooses to make something else then I won't stop him. I also have decided that if he asks me to make something else then I will. It is his choice. Unfortunately, he is a very picky eater and likes food that is not healthy and still stays very thin (i.e. eats 5-6 fast food burgers along with fries etc) He encourages me to eat with him but my body just can't handle it. Anyway, this morning I am feeling very thankful to Father God for exposing this cycle to me. Cycles can't be broken if you're not aware of them. Now that I am aware of the cycle I can work to make better choices. So thankful for this group and a place to ask for prayer! Looking forward to praying for each of you as we move forward in this journey together.
  • nursy14
    nursy14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i will pray pleas do the same for me patty