so upset

Options
nursy14
nursy14 Posts: 34 Member
im so upset im doing everything right and still gaining i am frantic inside i never should have stopped smoking i dont know what else to do

Replies

• lostgurl55
    lostgurl55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I gained 11 pounds when I stopped, but I started walking and the weight came off. If you aren't exercising you could start a walking program or something else. I hope this helps..you body is just adjusting to not having the nicotine in your system. Give it so time, and give it to Jesus he will help you through this trying time.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't say that. It is definitely a GREAT decision to stop smoking. Can you open up your diary so we can see what sorts of food you're eating? Might be able to give some suggestions. Hang in there and don't give up!
  • mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Smoking is a hard habit to kick. I quit many years ago. Previous poster said to take up walking. That is a great idea and up your water intake along with it. I find if I don't drink alot of water, Iwill nibble all day long on unhealthy carbs.
  • raebar01
    raebar01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am praying for you. Don't doubt your decision to stop smoking - it was the right one. I think that the calories you should take in from foods are different for all people. Personally I had to give up wheat and refined sugar. I eat lots of veggies and a variety of proteins: beef, fish and chicken and a little bit of dairy and fat; occasionaly fruit but not too often. All calories are not created equal - you just need to keep working to find out what works best for you. Your body will love you for it! God is with you! He will provide you with the comfort, peace and knowledge you seek. Blessings!
  • SarahJane139
    SarahJane139 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear ... it is tough! I'll be praying for you
  • Lori573
    Lori573 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't loose faith. Push on through!! You can do it!! I admire you for quitting. Smoking is a habit I never picked up, but my parents smoked and one of my kids smoke. My son is trying to quit now and it is hard on him. So again, feet to grind and push on through! You body will thank you for later.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is the part where it's so fantastic that you have a relationship with God. God listens to you and answers your prayers. God will help you with your weight loss, and God comforts us and can take away our frantic-ness and stress when we surrender it to him. I am going through some very difficult things in my life right now, but God is helping me to not panic, not fear, have peace and happiness, and continue my physical health even in this difficult time. I pray to God every morning that my weight loss will continue, and God answers. God cares about every single thing in our lives, even if we think it's too smal for God to bother with - God cares about it because it's important to us. I can promise you from the bottom of my heart that God loves you and wants to help you. I hope that you will persevere and find peace in this. xoxo
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on stopping smoking. You should be so proud of yourself for that. It is a huge step. Lay down one thing at a time. God is so faithful and He will honor what you are trying to do in making yourself healthier. We are spirit, soul and body. At 55 years of age I have suddenly come to the time that losing weight and getting fit in my body is finally happening for me. Don't know what the magic is of NOW but God's grace on it is awesome. I wasn't ready before but many changes are happening in my life and this is just one, but a very significant one. Keep it up and know His grace is sufficient and He will not leave you in your journey. Be blessed.